I just have to let my geek out of his box for a minute.

"Oh man, no way!! FFVII is the best that generation had to offer. Dragoon had a couple of cool touches and it was a nice story. I liked the rhythm battle system, but nothing was more fun than figuring out the best way to use Materia. You might have more of a case if Dragoon wasn't linear."

Sorry, I put him away. I haven't played those games in so long, I sort of want to revisit VII now, though.
IdirtI

I sold my Parker Nitefly, Line 6 POD X3 Live and Crate Powerblock on Ebay. I'm depressed about it, so if I'm grumpy, that's why. = (
LoD Owned. It was THE epic game of my childhood. FFVII came in as a close second though.
Quote by Ross724
3.14 pie or the delicious crusted treat we all know and love?

Quote by MightyAl
Therefore your argument is rubbish, as well as being full of profanity and anti-Semitic. Are you Mel gibson, by any chance?
NO WAYZ! Legend of Dragoon ****ing rocks ass, it was heaps better than FFVII! Come on the transformations, the attacking patterns (forgot what theyre called) and the story line was woah... all in all LOD>FFVII
I just started replaying last week, not far at all, just got out of limestone cave.
Holy ****, I loved LoD. I'm going to dig my ps1 out tonight and play it some more. I dont think I ever got past disc three.
LoD is probably the most underrated video game of all time. It's a fuc*ing masterpiece
Trust me I'm a doctor

A doctor with a mustache
Can anyone tell me how it ends ?

i far to the point where 3 of my guys had their dragons, i was REALLY far, but i got stuck at this level where ou have to walk on this...cage..wire mesh and i always fell through. So i gave up

How did the rest of the story unfold ?
Quote by Rising
Can anyone tell me how it ends ?

i far to the point where 3 of my guys had their dragons, i was REALLY far, but i got stuck at this level where ou have to walk on this...cage..wire mesh and i always fell through. So i gave up

How did the rest of the story unfold ?

The good guyts win
Yeah I know The Game.
███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████
What is this?!! Is it like when kids say things suck just because they were popular just to say it? I hope so, because FFVII is miles better. Oh man... I'm disappointed.

Maybe you guys are all too young to have played FFVII when it first came out and tried to play it later on when it seemed dated. Or you played it when it came out, but couldn't figure out all the depth and just wanted a game that told you where to go and all you had to do was hit buttons in time. LoD was soooo easy.
IdirtI

I sold my Parker Nitefly, Line 6 POD X3 Live and Crate Powerblock on Ebay. I'm depressed about it, so if I'm grumpy, that's why. = (
Quote by idirti
What is this?!! Is it like when kids say things suck just because they were popular just to say it? I hope so, because FFVII is miles better. Oh man... I'm disappointed.

Maybe you guys are all too young to have played FFVII when it first came out and tried to play it later on when it seemed dated. Or you played it when it came out, but couldn't figure out all the depth and just wanted a game that told you where to go and all you had to do was hit buttons in time. LoD was soooo easy.

FFVII was meh...its was an ok game...just not that great

I'm sorry for not having the same opinion as you
IdirtI

LoD was pretty good. The battle system was different (and good) but the story/map was WAY too linear. Follow the dots the next town? Puh-lease. FF VII any day. That said, I would still love to go back and play LoD. What about Chrono Cross, eh? Underrated methinks.
Quote by GiantRaven
FFVII was meh...its was an ok game...just not that great

I'm sorry for not having the same opinion as you

No, no, have a different opinion, just as long as you know you are wrong. Hahaha. = P
IdirtI

I believe that in the game.. ''Rose'' was the black monster this entire time... can someone explain me this ?
Quote by Beorune
LoD was pretty good. The battle system was different (and good) but the story/map was WAY too linear. Follow the dots the next town? Puh-lease. FF VII any day. That said, I would still love to go back and play LoD. What about Chrono Cross, eh? Underrated methinks.

Yeah, if someone said that Chrono Trigger was better than FFVII, I would at least be able to listen to that. Chrono Cross was ok, too.
IdirtI

I just can't compare LoD and FFVII I think they're both great and have their own faults. Anyone played Xenogears? Definitely my favorite out of the three.
I'll go ahead and agree with you for 95%. Story line, battle system, story twists, and generally being interesting it is 10x better than ffVii. The linear thing killed it though. That said, I played allthe way through LoD 2 times and never completely beat FFVII... always got bored with it.

Chrono Cross/Chrono Trigger are WAY underrated.
Excellent game i love the battle system "x,x OH **** A CIRCLE , X , X BOOM Burning Rush!

ANd lavitz was the **** that prince guy that replaced him can lick my balls.
Quote by Mackawade
i was wondering what is some of the stuff you guys would consider better than WOW

Quote by last-1s-out
Getting kicked in the balls repeatedly

Primus Sucks
Quote by GiantRaven
idiot

Idiot? What is that all about, I'm just messing around. Who really cares about this stuff?

Besides, you weren't even 9 when FFVII came out, no wonder you didn't like it. I was 19 and was sick of video games. I had a girlfriend and didn't care about games, but it had a lot of depth that other games that came out then just didn't even come close to, at least not on the consoles. It was the game that got me back into video games after a long drought of games that were just way too easy. I would watch my girlfriend's 9 year old brother try to play it for about 15 minutes, give up in disgust and put in pokemon games.

Blah, I can't believe I typed all that. I should go to bed.
IdirtI

FFVII was great dont get me wrong, considering it came out in 1997. but i dont think it was the best. I think FFX and FFI&II were much better.
I played a demo of it years ago, it seemed pretty good
What have we learned.....

Words are weightless here on earth,
because they're free

.....from this wee exercise?
Quote by idirti
Idiot? What is that all about, I'm just messing around. Who really cares about this stuff?

Besides, you weren't even 9 when FFVII came out, no wonder you didn't like it. I was 19 and was sick of video games. I had a girlfriend and didn't care about games, but it had a lot of depth that other games that came out then just didn't even come close to, at least not on the consoles. It was the game that got me back into video games after a long drought of games that were just way too easy. I would watch my girlfriend's 9 year old brother try to play it for about 15 minutes, give up in disgust and put in pokemon games.

Blah, I can't believe I typed all that. I should go to bed.

Believe me I have the appreciation for games that I don't find boring and overrated