Poll: FR's..ARE THEY WORTH IT!?
Poll Options
View poll results: FR's..ARE THEY WORTH IT!?
HELL YEAH!
15 44%
NO!! FR = PIA
6 18%
Dont care which as long as i get to play!!
13 38%
Voters: 34.
Do you think FR guitar are worth all the trouble??

Would you rather have a String thru ( w/ tail for the gibson lovers ) or a FR guitar? Why?? I really want to know i just think its a pain really..but i want to know what yall think!
Floyd Rose man, It's deffinately worth it. My dream guitar would be a Gibson LEs Paul custom, apline white, With EMG 81/85's and a deep routed Floyd Rose, and a locking nut. It's deffinately worth the trouble.
everyone that LIKES trem that i have heard seem to like floyd rose. i like stoptail, but always wanted to play a string thru guitar. i just like it cause i dont use trem and i hate tuning guitar over and over again.

if that helped any
Floyd Roses are a great addition but I wouldn't have them on all my guitars, just the ones that I would practise shredding techniques on. They can be a pain, but they are well worth, just not worth it to have on ALL my guitars.
I prefer string-thru to be honest. My style doesn't really use divebombs though, so I guess I'm biased.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
i think it depends on if you play lead and are able to incorporate it into solos or doing dive bombs to back certain riffs like in beast and the harlot
I don't like the floyd roses they are a pain to drop tune with
Quote by LaGrange
Shouldnt have said the unspoken words of MG in the pit. Now look at what ya dun.

Quote by Mecler
A guitar made of wood?
That's such a ****ing brilliant idea!
try wilkinsons or the ones on the prs's with locking tuners if you dont want to hassel with a floyd rose

they can take the abuse of that of a floyd
Quote by AngryGoldfish
Floyd Roses are a great addition but I wouldn't have them on all my guitars, just the ones that I would practise shredding techniques on. They can be a pain, but they are well worth, just not worth it to have on ALL my guitars.

Totally agree. I absolutly love them on my Ibanez and Jackson, and I do incorparate thm a lot. Not only that, but tuning stability is a huge factor. I wouldn't trade mine for the world.
But for Soft Rock and clean guitar, I REALLY prefer hardtail. The tone and resonation (including sustain) all are put together to help dial in the sound you want your guitar to make.
I like them both.

Hardtails are great because I can tune between tons of stuff quickly and easily which makes the guitar much more versatile.

Floating Trems are great when I just want to play shred or something and want to add in some crazy squeals, etc and not change tunings.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Tuning them is what pisses me off.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by MatrixClaw
I like them both.

Hardtails are great because I can tune between tons of stuff quickly and easily which makes the guitar much more versatile.

Floating Trems are great when I just want to play shred or something and want to add in some crazy squeals, etc and not change tunings.

I feel the same way..all of my gutiar are FR's execpt my strat but i havn't switched it from SSS to HSS yet so its in peices in my garage...thats why im feeling the "FR HATE"
Personally, I think the LP-style FR (extremely rare) with good locking tuners would be absolutely sicknasty. Hardtails Are good too, since it doesn't take 15 minutes or so to change a string/get tuned.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Get a tremolo-no and you have the best of both worlds...

I was going to buy one today but of course I couldn't find one..or have they ever heard of one..looks like ill be goin on ebay
Quote by jimmy666page666
I was going to buy one today but of course I couldn't find one..or have they ever heard of one..looks like ill be goin on ebay

Paid 42 bucks for mine with free shipping and no tax off of ebay last week lol.... It works perfectly, only issue is i had to re route one of the holes for the string retainer part... No biggie... And installed my 37mm Bell Brass sustain big block.. Wooo boy...