I've been playing guitar for about a year now. I get in about 1-1 1/2 hours a week of practice.

Anyways I know a little bit of theory(circle of fifths, what makes maj/min chords) but probably should learn more. The hardest thing I can play is probably the first solo in Back in Black, but parts of it are pretty sloppy. I recently learned the intro solo to sanitarium(metallica) but I can't even do the second one and it is pissing me off. I keep telling myself I should be way better than this after playing for a year but I don't know.

I also suck at alternate picking and hit open string a lot.

Am I progressing ok for playing for a year, or do I suck. And yes, I know I need to practice more.
dont try so hard.. just have fun!!

focus on what you CAN do and not what you cant..
and you'll be surprised what you can do!
Quote by joshjhasarrived
Little does the government suspect that it's funds are being rapidly drained through funding infinite free cardboard boxes to bored teenagers on an internet forum.
Well you should definitely be practicing more...
Originally Posted by SkyValley
yeah im a virgin but im also pretty good at things like ping-pong and drawing pictures of people playing water polo so it balances out
Hey, don't feel bad, I just posted about this a minute ago, maybe go read some tips those guys gave me.
Quote by victoryaloy
focus on what you CAN do and not what you cant..
and you'll be surprised what you can do!

GREAT advice. I felt that I wasn't really progressing after a year, but then I say what I actually could do, and I felt pretty damn good.
Quote by SynGates7X

you are indeed mr. awesome.

Quote by Duane_Allman
eckmann88 you sir are a god.

Quote by SavageNights
Oh, you're so damn shallow, eckmann88. They have nice boobs, don't they?

Quote by DraketheFake
good job eckman, seriously, that last one alone would give me an eternal erection!

Help
Space