im looking at getting a new pickup for my strat and i was wondering what i should get.
i know i should get a humbucker but i dont feel like making the cavity to make room.

i play death metal, black metal, and other stuff like that on it. its muddy and dull sounding.

should i get one of these?

http://store.guitarfetish.com/lilkiblhurap.html

because i dont have much money to spend on new gear.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
lil' screamin deamon from seymour duncan. it rocks for all genres
Rig:
'91 Eric Clapton strat w/ MT-2 preamp and piezo bridge system

Lotus '62 Strat replica
Epiphone Sheraton w/ Pearly Gates Pups
Epiphone Sheraton STOCK
Epiphone Tom Delonge ES-333

Epiphone EJ-200CE

Traynor YCV40T
Traynor HEAD
Quote by restless_thrash
Well, it won't be as good as a real humbucker, and for the price...

I would suggest going with an active EMG singlecoil. It wont sound muddy at all. Its definetely worth it to shell out for it.

well, i was thinking...
if i could already get a close sound, why not just give me less noise and more gain?
ill defintely look into the EMG's though, i never thought about that.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
how in gods name do you expect to get good tone without improving your amplifier first. (honestly the Cube is the top dog when it comes to SS, but they cannot match the prowess of a real tube amp).

AMPS=70%
Pickups= 8% tops...

Sell some of your gear off and get a Peavey 5150 or a Bugera 333xl
im sorry, but i love my amp.
and if you thought about it, in my case a pickup will help a bunch.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
A Seymour Duncan Li'l 59 or Hot Rails. Single coil sized buckers. No need to cut anything up. I put a Li'l 59 in the bridge of my tele copy and that thing adds some major crunch to it. I'm loving it, although for you, the hotrails would probably suit what you want to play better.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
well what about the link that i put up there, thats similar to the hot rails right?
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
I've heard that the GFS are ok, just don't know how well they compare to the SD hotrails. I've heard both good and bad regarding the GFS pickups, but then again, considering the price you can get them at, it might not be bad to at least try out.

Hotrails run around $70-$80 USD.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by ugmung
ouch, ill take my chances with the GFS'

Good call. I've used some of their stuff, they're quite good, even without considering the excellent price.
Quote by ugmung
im sorry, but i love my amp.
and if you thought about it, in my case a pickup will help a bunch.

I'm sorry but I seriously doubt it will help a bunch. You might notice a slight difference in sound but you're not going to get any huge improvements, with any amp, not to mention the one you have now. I'm not familiar with the Fullerton strat you have, especially since you don't know the model, but I'm guessing it's a starter type guitar (by all means, correct me if I'm wrong), in which case changing pickups would again do nothing.

But... the GFS pickups are pretty cheap so I guess if you have to change pickups it wouldn't be too much of a loss if it doesn't change much.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Mar 21, 2008,
i actually bought the fullerton online, its an amazingly amazing guitar and it was dirt cheap too. i've been trying to look for more models but they discontinued them, im pretty sure.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
Quote by Hakael
A Seymour Duncan Li'l 59 or Hot Rails. Single coil sized buckers. No need to cut anything up. I put a Li'l 59 in the bridge of my tele copy and that thing adds some major crunch to it. I'm loving it, although for you, the hotrails would probably suit what you want to play better.

I agree with this guy, you should go check out the Seymour Duncan Hotrails at the Seymour Duncan website, they sound like they'd be good for you.

They're essentially a humbucker pickup, sized to fit a single-coil, it has a lot more output than most single-coils, but less than humbuckers.
(i learned that from http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/SQHero/, you should talk to him!)