Steve Harris excellent player, one of my major influences, but I dont know anything on the strings he uses other than they die a little while after purchase?, And would flatwound strings sound good on a BC Rich Platinum Warlock? I daren't take my damn Schector with me cost me alot of money for me anyway, plus the crowd will be drunk I know that..

Want to get a realistic Harris sound as possible..

Thanks in advance!
If I remember right, he uses a p-bass with his own signature flatwounds, these:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Rotosound-SH77-Steve-Harris-Signature-Bass-Strings?sku=102833

If your bc rich has a split coil pickup, like many of them do, you should be able to get pretty close to that tone.
Just remember...

"If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

Part of Harris's tone is that 'clunky' sound, which doesn't normally come from flatwounds. You're going to need to play with your fingers (obviously) and very aggressively in order to really get the sound right. But yeah, either his signature strings or some similar flatwounds are going to be the way to go.
Quote by ChorusPedal88
Oh right I see, whats the gauge? out of curiosity...

There quite a heavy gauge, plus they (apparently) have a lot of tension anyway because they're FlatWounds
Quote by ChorusPedal88
Steve Harris excellent player, one of my major influences, but I dont know anything on the strings he uses other than they die a little while after purchase?, And would flatwound strings sound good on a BC Rich Platinum Warlock? I daren't take my damn Schector with me cost me alot of money for me anyway, plus the crowd will be drunk I know that..

Want to get a realistic Harris sound as possible..

Thanks in advance!

You definitely need steel roundwound strings. No substitute. Flatwounds have a dark tone to them, but Steve Harris' tone is very clicky and mid-rangey.