hey, I've got a marshall amp, a ltd m-series guitar and I tend to play jazz and grunge/punk music. I tend to play more toward the grunge-ish stuff though. I was wondering what would be some suggested pedals to get.
grunge you'll probably wanna get an overdrive, or distortion pedal, up to your style which one would sound better for you, as for company, Id probably go with Boss, but alot of people dont like them...
Equipment:
=>Gibson ES-137 (Custom) Classic
=>Ibanez 4String Soundgear
=>Peavey Milestone IV
=>Boss Overdrive Bass pedal
=>Vox T-15
=>Traynor 71' Bass Master
=>Traynor Custom Reverb
=>Fender 15-R
if you own a marshall mg go sell it and save up for a new amp, instead of buying pedals
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by Wicked Rose
I've got a marshall amp

Ok. Lets clear this up first. WHAT Marshall amp do you own? I cannot emphasize enough the importance of the answer to this question. (I'll bet any man any amount of money that it is what we all think it is )
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
It's an MG30, you can read that on his profile.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
yea sum pedals liek digitech pedals dont sound very good on amps that arnt tube amps so ive learned and heard. but i can say that i have a Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah pedal and its great sounding on anything i hook it up to! now my digitech Death Metal Pedal aint so hot on my Micro cube or Rage 158. But check out a wah there sweeet and good for any genre of music u might play.
-BiOhAZarD722-
Originally Posted by Gizzard101
I personally prefer Dr.Dre but Lil Jon is gangsta home boy fresh aswell.
...lol wtf?
Quote by lzrdsixsix6
sounds like you have a severe case of the dumbass.....it's quite common in the pit really just sleep it off
Quote by Sid McCall
It's an MG30, you can read that on his profile.

Ahh, I still havent got the hang of these profile things...

In that case thread starter do what danyellenik said. Start saving.....
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
weeeeell if he plays grunge...best known grunge band was nirvana and mr cobain's tone wasnt the greatest (in purpose or not) so the thread starter might actually not care that much about his tone
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
ok, noone has answered the question. im a big grunge person. its the only thing i play. you want grunge, then check out these pedals:

-DS-1*
-DS-2
-SANSAMP CLASSIC*
-SMALL CLONE*
-ECHO FLANGER
-POLYCHORUS
-RAT
-BIG MUFF*

Oh and STAY AWAY from the DOD grunge... bootleg grunge sound
hahaha, sorry I haven't been on lately to check out the reply's. Personally, I'll be sticking with my marshall for now. I actually love the sound I get out of it and I haven't had any problems with the tone so far. I suppose it's not the best, but for now it's doing me fine. Once I get into something more intense than a high school grunge band, I'll look at getting a new one, but for now, I'm just trying to get together a few decent effects pedals for gigs.

and thanks for all the suggestions guys. I might have a look at some of the one's Guitar_Pick11's put on. would it be possible for anyone to give me a pricerange on these? (I personally don't trust googling this stuff.)
i would recommend the Rat or the Big Muff like guitarpick11 said, listen to him he knows what hes talking about.

most of what guitarpick11 mentioned are Electro Harmonix pedals, so you're looking at about $60 and up.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
Quote by Guitar_Pick11
ok, noone has answered the question. im a big grunge person. its the only thing i play. you want grunge, then check out these pedals:

-DS-1*
-DS-2
-SANSAMP CLASSIC*
-SMALL CLONE*
-ECHO FLANGER
-POLYCHORUS
-RAT
-BIG MUFF*

Oh and STAY AWAY from the DOD grunge... bootleg grunge sound

You just listed what Kurt Cobain used. I guess that means you're right
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Get a DS-1 40$
Some type of choruse (small clone)
and if you want a digitech whammy there sweet
thanks for the help guys, I think I'll got vaguely with what gtr_101 has suggested and take my pick of the selection from what Guitar_Pick11 has mentioned.
now... off to do my english essay....