Hey! I know there's probably thousands of these threads made per day and yes I have a read all the one's I could find, I just thought I'd make another one!

Basically I'm looking for the best guitar for metal I can find up to 800 GBP. Sorry for bein british, but I think that's around 1600 dollars?

I've been playing for about 5 years now I've just never invested in a new guitar for some reason and I'm still playing on my early learning centre one lol.

I've heard ESP, Jackson and Ibanez are good and I've looked around various artists that I like and checked them out and they seem to be the most used ones.

Any expert advice?
Schecter Hellraiser. And it falls well below your budget.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
Im no expert, but maybe a Jackson DXMB Dinky?
(link): http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-DXMB-X-Electric-Guitar?sku=512239
EMG's are great for metal, plus its a pretty good bargain. Go buy yourself another amp with the leftover money (sorry its in USD here)

or maybe a RR24 Randy Rhoads guitar?
link: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-RR24-Randy-Rhoads-Snow-White-Electric-Guitar-with-EMGs?sku=512578
its pretty good looking too, but a bit more expensive.
Get a real ESP. Check out the Horizon series and Eclipse series. However, I am very biased
Gear:
ESP/LTD EC1000 (w/ EMG 81 and 60)
ESP/LTD H500 (w/SD Custom 5 and 59)
Fender MIM Strat (basically my first. Never play it.)
Traynor YCV80 4x10
Peavey 6505 2x12 combo

Half Stacks are OVER-Rated
Quote by ManInAClownSuit
Schecter Hellraiser. And it falls well below your budget.

I second this. And if you're interested in extended range there is the C-7.
Do you use a BR-600?
If so, click here to join the group thats made for you!
pretty much any shecter, esp, or jackson will work great but avoid dean!! their necks are reeeeeeeeeeeeely rough
Quote by LaGrange
Shouldnt have said the unspoken words of MG in the pit. Now look at what ya dun.

Quote by Mecler
A guitar made of wood?
That's such a ****ing brilliant idea!
Ok awesome thanks guys I'll have a look around.

Any people with experience of the guitars would be awesome aswell =)
you can put emgs 85 / 81s in any guitar, you need to go play these guitars, whey you do you will automatically pick the guitar you want, based on the feel. i like at least one guitar from all the top metal guitar companys. Jackson King V, Esp Explorer, dean ML, Schecter s1 elite, ect. . . . . try'em out
You'd have to find one used, but I got this one for $1600 shipped, and it doesn't get much more "metal":

Quote by 4regt4
You'd have to find one used, but I got this one for $1600 shipped, and it doesn't get much more "metal":

Dunno I find that mildly retard (well I really don't like any Dimbag inspired guitar by Dean)
Quote by chinkboy7
Dunno I find that mildly retard (well I really don't like any Dimbag inspired guitar by Dean)

It has absolutely nothing to do with Dimebag OR Dean...

I'd also recommend out of personal experience and ownership, an old Dave Mustaine sig that can be had for $800-$1300 depending upon the color. This is mine I got for $900 shipped if this sort of shape interests you (me playing it back when I had longer hair):

Quote by 4regt4
It has absolutely nothing to do with Dimebag OR Dean... IMG]

you sure isn't that the Cemetary Gates Dimebag Dean?
Quote by chinkboy7
you sure isn't that the Cemetary Gates Dimebag Dean?

That is my own guitar, and I am very certain it is a USA Jackson WR1 with a custom-shop paint job.
Quote by 4regt4
That is my own guitar, and I am very certain it is a USA Jackson WR1 with a custom-shop paint job.

sorry the first two pic's you posted looked like a Dean with a Jackson Neck
Quote by chinkboy7
sorry the first two pic's you posted looked like a Dean with a Jackson Neck

How is that possible on a neck-thru?

Aside from that, I don't like Dimebag sigs at all either as they are based on the Les Paul, which doesn't suit me physically.
Quote by 4regt4
How is that possible on a neck-thru?

sorry I don't know how they are built it just looks like a Dimebag shaped guitar with a different neck

here's a picture of a Dimebag Dean guitar which explains why I think your's looks like one http://cachepe.samedaymusic.com/media/quality,85/brand,sameday/p37027h-a9ef4b062920cadd7dea16169585f482.jpg

even though that guitar is just a different color
Quote by chinkboy7
sorry I don't know how they are built it just looks like a Dimebag shaped guitar with a different neck

here's a picture of a Dimebag Dean guitar which explains why I think your's looks like one http://cachepe.samedaymusic.com/media/quality,85/brand,sameday/p37027h-a9ef4b062920cadd7dea16169585f482.jpg

even though that guitar is just a different color

I know what one is, but that looks nothing at all like a WR1 or any warrior shaped Jackson.
Quote by 4regt4
I know what one is, but that looks nothing at all like a WR1 or any warrior shaped Jackson.

you sure to me that's like when people tell me that an ESP EC1000 looks nothing like a Les Paul
Quote by chinkboy7
you sure to me that's like when people tell me that an ESP EC1000 looks nothing like a Les Paul

An EC1000 looks a lot like a Les Paul, the Dimebag sig is very different from a WR1. The extensions are shaped very differently and the lengths are very different as well. The Dimebag sig even has a full V shape on the back end which makes it look like two different guitars have been meshed together--the Jackson is not like that at all.