I'll keep it short and sweet:

* I have a Epi LP100, Marshall MG30DFX (not upgrading cause I got it 1/3 of the RRP)
* I play through pedals
* I've been playing nearly 2 years
* I play classic rock, heavy metal, prog rock, blues and abit of jazz.
* Low to mid gain
* I have $900 Australian to spend
* No Floyd Rose Tremelo
* I like my current LP, except for the fret board, pickups and tuners are loose

Im considering
Fender MIM HSS Stratocaster
Epiphone Custom LP
Epiphone Standard Plus
Ibanez SAS36FM

Please recommend my guitars that are a good upgrade.
Why take other peoples suggestions? It will all be personal preferences. A bunch of Ibanez fanboys will say get the SA, then others will come along saying the Epiphones aren't that great quality unless you buy their higher end stuff, then more will come in the say get the Fender they are great value and the rest will say get a Schecter. So what have you gained? Nothing Go out and play them if you can and decide for yourself.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Well I want to know what people like about it, so I can look for it myself. I also would pefer to whats good so I don't rush out and buy somethings thats gonna fall to peices after a month.
Personally I'd go for a Fender Strat, again purely my opinion. You already have an LP so I'd look at something different from that to get a better variety of tones. Unless you really hate your current guitar and are gonna get rid of it sooner or later. An HSS setup would be most versatile also.
Quote by DSOTM80
Why take other peoples suggestions? It will all be personal preferences. A bunch of Ibanez fanboys will say get the SA, then others will come along saying the Epiphones aren't that great quality unless you buy their higher end stuff, then more will come in the say get the Fender they are great value and the rest will say get a Schecter. So what have you gained? Nothing Go out and play them if you can and decide for yourself.

Definately would've been reccomending Schecter, but after that comment...

Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
Quote by IbanezPsycho
My question is why are you looking at getting another guitar?

...asks the man with 2 guitars and a bunch of effects pedals

Quote by Metalology

Definately would've been reccomending Schecter, but after that comment...

Yea that was kinda my whole point in writing that out
Last edited by DSOTM80 at Mar 20, 2008,
Its too light for an LP.
It has loose tuners.
Soft pickups.
Don't like the fret board.
Im also playing with other musicians and im looking for something higher quality.

I could just upgrade, but If i did that, I could just save up a few weeks of pay from my job and buy a new guitar, basically its too low quality to upgrade.
Quote by DSOTM80
...asks the man with 2 guitars, 2 amps and a bunch of effects pedals

Lol, hey im always up for more guitars, amps and effects... The reason i asked was if your looking to gain better tone it probally wont happen because the amp is holding you back. I would keep what you have or dont go with something really expensive because your loosing all your tone through your amp. Just get something you will enjoy playing. If you looking at switching because you hate the way your guitar feels then most deffiently get another guitar..
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Lol, hey im always up for more guitars, amps and effects... The reason i asked was if your looking to gain better tone it probally wont happen because the amp is holding you back. I would keep what you have or dont go with something really expensive because your loosing all your tone through your amp. Just get something you will enjoy playing. If you looking at switching because you hate the way your guitar feels then most deffiently get another guitar..

Yea I know I was just messing around and I agree with you fully. Although I'm not quite sold on the amp first, guitar later theory some preach in here though. In his case if he isn't satisfied with his current then get another like you said or if he wants something different and to threadstarter I'd definitely look into upgrading your amp so you can fully hear and enjoy your guitar(s). Who knows maybe you'll end up liking the LP and its pickups, and find the amp is whats really holding you down in terms of tone
I know youll hate me for it, but I say sell your amp, and with your money get an epi les paul standard and maybe a vox ac15 or something depending on your style.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Quote by Andrew LP
Its too light for an LP.
It has loose tuners.
Soft pickups.
Don't like the fret board.
Im also playing with other musicians and im looking for something higher quality.

I could just upgrade, but If i did that, I could just save up a few weeks of pay from my job and buy a new guitar, basically its too low quality to upgrade.

Yea sounds like its time for a change....

I would pick from these.. Try and stick to a 350-500 dollar budget..
ESP
Epiphone
Fender
Ibanez
schecter

Also you dont need to get rid of your amp just keep it around as a practice amp. And get you a good tube combo for the long haul stuff.. I used to do that when i had my marshall. If i just wanted to noodle for a minute or two why crank up the halfstack.. Just another option for ya..
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Mar 21, 2008,
I know how terrible the LP 100 is, have tried one, the Epi Standard works for me as my first guitar, but I'm soon getting a better one. Don't go with another Epi unless it's an Elitist, you would want a new guitar in a year anyway.

Why? The frets on the Epis are wearing down real fast, I can notice that already (my brothers Strat has been played twice as much and it's still like new), the building quality isn't good (my top strap button fell out the first day because the ****ers had drilled a hole too big for the screw, the guys at the music store fixed that, but anyway), the switchs are known to be bad, and the pickups and electronics are not really good. (Again, my brothers Strat sounds better on all different sets on the amp, even much distortion, and it doesn't even have a humbucker.)

Have that in mind before considering another Epi. I love my Standard, but I can still see this.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.