Page 3 of 218
Friend loves them, I DL'd their album. Guitar is cool, but the singer really gets on my nerves.
Originally Posted by Corwinoid
Metal doesn't hold hands, it gets head in the van before the show. Seriously.

AWESOME band, I love their music videos like blindfolds aside, (after I saw that for the first time on MuchMusic I went to get their cd) Their playing skillz are sweet, kind of A.D.D. but just sweet.
Quote by normajean812
Protest the Hero isn't hardcore or metalcore though, sorry to burst your bubble. Bands with mostly singing cannot be either of those.

So, you mean to tell me Minor Threat =/= hardcore?

PTH are pretty good, from what I've heard, but I've only heard their old pop-punky material.
Quote by PTH_Fan
****in yah protest the hero is my favourite band ever and the lead singer sounds awesome to me, and its not cause I like pussy bands or anything you rlooking at a guy who likes Parkway drive and Norma jean

You mean Norma Jean aren't a pussy band?

I mean, I like them and all, but they're not really what comes to mind when I think of a band to name-drop when trying to sound tough. All the 15 year old girls around here are apeshit for them.
Got Kezia a few days ago, it's excellent.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
PTH is pretty awesome...Kezia is a good album for the first few songs, and then I sort of got a little bored with the lead singer.

Stars Over Bethlehem, Heretics & Killers and Bury the Hatchet are probably my favorites...I learned Heretics & Killers all the way through, it's pretty fun to play.
Quote by MOOSE ATTACK!!!
Man, I like everything except the clean vocals. Wayyy too whiny for me.

and screaming is less teen angst-ish to you? olololoolllool

anyway, i saw them with trivium and they kicked ass. and the coolest thing about them is that if youre a real fan, you can meet them because they hung around the merch table whilst trivium was playing.

also, when trivium was having technical difficulties, and took an hour to set up, the singer came out in a darth vader costume and a lightsaber and faog came out, it was wierd.

also the singer and bass guy kept telling us to smoke weed olollooolol

and that bass player is AMAZING
he kept slap bassin'
he was really good
so is the guitarist with long hair
Quote by Bmm386
"I cut my own penis off and ate it"

pinkowitz.net - another /b/ forum (help it grow)
Quote by antoniobanderas
and screaming is less teen angst-ish to you? olololoolllool

...OR maybe they just suck.
I heard thier demo album when it was first reliesed and it was nothing to excited over just some straight punk so i wasn't going to pick up thier second album until i heard it a my friends house now i can't stop listening to them.

also if you like them you will also like Terra Firma(search them on myspace) also from around toronto(my hometown) equally as crazy (and more hardcore) aslo check out I hate Sally(which i think are from around torontot too!) my god i think a scene is starting
Quote by LeoKhenir
I love you, Killer Bacon.
Quote by BR00TAL
Im pretty obssessed with this band at the moment. Great musicianship, great vocals, and some of the catchiest riffs Ive heard.

The riff after the intro on Turn Soonest to the Sea is so good.

+1

i have to thank the threadstarter, i downloaded heretics and killers, soiled myself, downloaded the rest of the album, and soiled myself multiple times.

does anybody know the tour dates with trivium? i would die to go see protest the hero, i googled it but i can't find anything. of course i haven't tried googling trivium's tour but...
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Definitely my favourite band. Met them back in August, they signed my shoes. Really nice guys.
Gear
LTD Viper 400
Ibanez RG7321
Bugera 1990
Peavey Penta 412
Ibanez Tubescreamer
Boss NS-2
Yeh they are super amazing. They're the band around here that nobody knows of but me, so I feel cool. lol

Does anyone know if they have any merch online? A shirt of thiers would be reaallly nice.
The Walking Dead
Yeah, nobody knows about them but you. That's why the thread's five pages long, you big dummy.
Oh. Well, in that case, you need new friends.

Hey, I know where Lewisville is...it's like, a few miles northeast of Dallas, right? Or maybe I got it mixed up and it's northwest...But anyway, I live around there, sort of.
Oh dude nice! Yeah it's northwest. That's cool to finally meet someone on here thats around here. But yeh I don't know why nobody has heard about them yet at my school.
The Walking Dead
There are probably some people around that know them, you just have not encountered them yet! When I first went to my school, I didn't think anyone had either. Although, it IS kinda hard to find anyone that doesnt listen to everything that's played on the radio.
Haha yeah almost EVERYBODY just listens to crap on the radio and doesn't bother to look into bands. IMO the radio has only exposed a few good bands i.e. Tool, BFMV, Muse.

Anyways, they don't happen to have a merchandise shop anywhere on the web do they?
The Walking Dead
BFMV fails at life...just sayin'

PTH is awesome...that is all.
Steel instruments shine in
A lively light of green substance
Dead or alive
Bodies and souls are waiting for the contact with these macabre tools
They are only creations made alive
I understand, but they sure are better than the shit they play on the radio ALL the time, like Hinder, Fall Out Boy, and the likes. I'm not elitist and hate these bands, they just get too much airtime.

ok /rant

PTH-merch-where?
The Walking Dead
great band period
Quote by Allnightmask22
It's like an internet "_____ Name Generator." Close family member + crude name for genitals + compromising sexual scenario + embarrassing or unknown sexual state (IE: Bestiality, incest, necrophilia) = Insult Gold.
If your looking for merch they only sell it at shows... but they should be going on tour soon

they are already are done with the first half of their new album.
protest the hero is one of those bands that are hard to label becuase they are so original. they have obvious influences from metal and punk, and there guitar style is technical. so if someone called them metalcore, mathcore, or posthardcore, you couldnt really flame them.
PTH is good stuff, very techincal which is good. Their video for Herectics and Killers was pretty stupid though. It sort of fits in with the song concept, but having the monkeys from The Wizard of Oz in the video was just eh..
i love PTH. One of my favorite bands. Kezia is a good driving CD.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Quote by AllMidnightEyes
PTH is good stuff, very techincal which is good. Their video for Herectics and Killers was pretty stupid though. It sort of fits in with the song concept, but having the monkeys from The Wizard of Oz in the video was just eh..

Blindfolds Aside is one of the best music videos tho. I love it because of the energy that they show. It's like the music actually matters to them.
Quote by Inimical
So he's sexually attracted to animal rights activists?

That's messed up.

Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
If Pokemon were real, I'd get me some sweet, sweet Jynx pussy.
^ahk i'd love to see them live. They look like they'd be a blast to see considering the energy in their songs and what i hear about their stage presence at their shows. You tube videos gave me a small glimpse : )
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Quote by mexican_shred
^ahk i'd love to see them live. They look like they'd be a blast to see considering the energy in their songs and what i hear about their stage presence at their shows. You tube videos gave me a small glimpse : )

The live videos are hardly anything to compare them too, due to the fact that the ones you can hear and see clearly are all really bad performances from a while ago.... when I saw them it was a completely different thing.
I don't care too much for this band, because it sounds to me like they're being technical for the sake of being technical. It doesn't stick for me.
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
if ur going to play some american idiot stuff heres the settings:

Master Volume : 0
i dunno about the rest
Quote by TeenBite
I don't care too much for this band, because it sounds to me like they're being technical for the sake of being technical. It doesn't stick for me.

that's really ignorant sounding, why the hell else would you be technical?
The Kezia album all sounds the same to be but its one of the best albums ive heard in a long time. ****in amazing.
And we will send you to whatever God you wish...
Well, some songs are technical in a more subtle way that still makes them musical. In my opinion, Protest The Hero disregard melody and a good tune in order to have technicality.
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle

i dunno about the rest
Are you kidding me? Disregard melody? If they just played whatever, it wouldn't even sound like music. I think that they are just one of the most unique and technically talented bands around.
Quote by Inimical
So he's sexually attracted to animal rights activists?

That's messed up.

Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
If Pokemon were real, I'd get me some sweet, sweet Jynx pussy.
I'm not saying that they're not a unique and technically talented band, I just feel that sometimes it would be nice to be able to listen to some form of structure and melody. I bet I could write music like that! Just open Guitar Pro, pick a different time signature for each bar, close my eyes, and insert notes.
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle

i dunno about the rest
Last edited by TeenBite at Feb 23, 2007,