Okay, I wrote this song a couple weeks ago (so far it has no lyrics), and I'm just wondering what you all think of it. It's called "When I Find You", and it's pretty much designed to sound like a Metallica song (glorious intro, fast solo, LENGTH). So if you'd please let me know what you think, I'd greatly appreciate it.

btw... I can play all of this song except for the harmonized part of the intro (well, I can play it, I just have a hard time remembering note sequences), the acoustic part of the chorus (cuz I suck with chords :P), and of course, the solos. But I can play the basic core of the song. And yes, I wrote it above my skill level on purpose. Never hurts to have something to work towards, right?

And if it's not too much to ask, if someone could attempt to learn it, and record it, then post it on this thread, that'd be pretty amazing. I can try to make a recording of what I CAN play, but the audio quality won't be the best since I basically use the "1/4-1/8 Converter in Microphone Jack" recording method. Thanks if anyone tackles this request.
Attachments:
When I Find You PTab and MIDI.zip
--[img]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd320/SquallLeonhart8/ESPEX50TestamentPracticeAlbumCustom.jpg[/img]--
Testament Practice What You Preach Edition ESP Explorer by me.
What do you think? PM me
it was pretty boring for me honestly. The chorus had nothing to do with the rest of the song, and the solos frequently went out of key. sorry, didn't like it.
It was alright, I'd imagine the vocals would be what really holds the song together, otherwise it could use something more to keep it interesting. The riffs are simple but good, measure 13 looks like it was yoinked from Metallica's Seek and Destroy. I like the verse part, a good F5 chord for throwing things off a bit. I think the chorus could sound pretty sweet if you elaborated on it a bit, I could see it running on into a great lead melody like in One by Metallica. The solos are alright, I like the 2 string bends. So it could use work but it's good still in my opinion.

Crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=699082
Well first off I'd just like to say thanks for listening to it.

Now, the solos... I kinda figured someone would have a problem with those :P They weren't supposed to be in key because well, I could never figure out what they meant by that or how to do it. So I just threw in something fast, and hoped for the best. If anyone wants to show me how to do something in key, my song's always open for renovation

And measure 13... I haven't heard Seek and Destroy yet so if it sounds similar I didn't pull it from the song, lol.

Well I'm always open to suggestions as to how to fix stuff so if anyone can help me key-up that solo it'd be pretty sweet.
--[img]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd320/SquallLeonhart8/ESPEX50TestamentPracticeAlbumCustom.jpg[/img]--
What do you think? PM me
hell ur solo's are good, they're pretty much in key just change your fret 21's to fret 22's and they'd sound sweeter, and as for being in key you must know the em/gmajor pentatonic you were using was the right one
and i really liked the diminished ascending part on bar..ummm 143 very fight fire with fire
my only crit is make some of the more sparse rhythmic parts shorter or more interesting cuz theres alot of them
Well, the chorus was nice, albeit out of context for a thrash song. The Part in the very beginning where it speeds up to 170 seemed out of time. The riffs seem to blend together. Make variations, and use rests to your advantage in the sections where it's just chugging open notes on the E string.
the ladies love when i gyrate my ass in front of a graveyard
i think that your interlude needs to lead to your breakdown more. it just seemed to stop abruptly and jumps into it.

i also think that the chorus should have a third guitar in it that brings a bit more of a metal sound into it. try to tone down the acoustic just a little
Quote by Godsmack_IV
ur so cool rockhard182

Quote by Phill-Rock
There's always a time and a place for domestic violence.

Quote by recklessnick
i diy all my orgasms.
DIY PONX FTW!
Hey guys, thanks for the suggestions. And just so you know, they're not going to that deep, dark, empty space in the back of my mind. I am putting all of your comments to use and I think within the next couple of days I'll have an updated version of the song ready for more crits. So thanks a bunch, and keep those suggestions coming

Oh yes, and rockhard, just to clarify a little bit, got any suggestion as to how to get it to lead more into the breakdown? At the moment I'm thinking of just fading out the interlude as the breakdown slowly fades at the same time or something like that. But I'm not really sure if it'd sound good, or even work at all. Thanks.
What do you think? PM me
that sounds like it could work out good, especially if you had vocals overlappin the fades
Quote by Godsmack_IV
ur so cool rockhard182

Quote by Phill-Rock
There's always a time and a place for domestic violence.

Quote by recklessnick
i diy all my orgasms.
DIY PONX FTW!
pretty good for a first song. good to see you have a good hold on a unique structure, and good tempo changes. drums could really make this track shine :-D
dude, what about an actual solo in death metal instead of that poof from linkin park. Think of Pulse of the Maggots - Bed Of Razors

#1 MEMEBER OF THE OFFICIAL THRASH METAL FAN CLUB (PM URE FAV BANDS TO ME TO JOIN)
Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
I'm pretty sure that the intro is Blackened played normally. (In the studio the intro was reversed.)

I'm pretty sure you're correct :P
What do you think? PM me