Page 1 of 3
So what happened to chinese democracy? i feel a bit sorry for axl, his time has gone and he is trying to figure out which one of the 20 musical genres to use since Guns N Roses last album. If he did straight ballsy rock n roll a lot of people would still get into it.

I think the majority of bands have a period of 7-9 years where there music is at its best. When you get older most lose their 'Teen Spirit'. Unless its prog rock which seems to go on forever!
As much as it kills me to say it: The Meat Puppets. Their last album made me really sad.

Oh, and Marilyn Manson.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Bob Dylan. I saw him in concert in October. He was good and all, but he seemed frail, and you could barely understand him anymore. I know he's famous for having his raspy voice, but this was ridiculous.
Quote by Kensai
Forget about her, she seems complicated. Who wants a girl who answers in riddles? I'm not the fucking sfinx.

Quote by Rambo-Conny
Woah, woah. Back the hell up.

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Of course he got all the girls, he's Rick Astley.
That's cuz prog rock is all about the music so the music cant get old. Hard rock gets big off a specific sound a band has but then that sound gets old and overused and everything is just the same.
Opeth.

I can't hold a straight face. Opeth will never get old.

Megadeth. Mustaine should have called it quits after he was kicked out of Metallica.
I'm a stupid jackass.
Either Paul Mcartney or The Rolling Stones they've been around since the 60's so it's about time for retirement
Quote by jshrn31
That's cuz prog rock is all about the music so the music cant get old. Hard rock gets big off a specific sound a band has but then that sound gets old and overused and everything is just the same.

Please, prog can and does get old. I can hardly listen to the Beatles anymore because they go told.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Nah I don't know... The last album of Iron Maiden was quite "different" though I liked it.
But even though they exist since 1975, I believe that their peak was in the 2002 in Rock In Rio.
And they have many years left to keep contributing.
Same with DIO. They still are awesome though I miss Vivian Campbell.
And Judas Priest too. Rob Halford isn't what he used to be. But "Angel Of Retribution" was awesome anyway. So also Judas Priest still has a lot to give.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Last edited by urik at Mar 20, 2008,
Quote by chinkboy7
Either Paul Mcartney or The Rolling Stones they've been around since the 60's so it's about time for retirement

I concur. I saw The Stones a few years ago, and they rocked.
Quote by Kensai
Forget about her, she seems complicated. Who wants a girl who answers in riddles? I'm not the fucking sfinx.

Quote by Rambo-Conny

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Quote by killthekingx
Opeth.

Megadeth. Mustaine should have called it quits after he was kicked out of Metallica.

i disagree i still think that megadeth makes good music

on the other hand

i think metallica should quit

they havent had a good "metallica" in album in uh.... a while
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
Maiden? they are gonna play till there final breath. they are still awsome.Ac/dc and mettalica, they are done.
Quote by HeavenlyVirus
I think it's time for Maiden to call it quits.

are you mentally retarted?

Iron Maiden are the greatest Metal Band to ever
strum guitars on the face of the earth.

They have influenced COUNTLESS numbers of bands
to make music.
Ted Nugent.

Not because he's old, but just because he's an asshole in my opinion. He openly stated at a concert that Obama should suck on one of his M16's (which he waved in the air while stating) and then suggested that Hillary Clinton should ride one too. He also called Pantera's version of Cat Scratch Fever "exceedingly white" even though he calls Muslims "allahpuke." As far as I'm concerned he's white trash with a microphone.
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s
Quote by killthekingx
Opeth.

i think ozzy should quit his last album wasnt the great and i dont like that jakk wylde guy

btw megadeth is still doing good i guess you just dont like
Quote by HeavenlyVirus
I think it's time for Maiden to call it quits.

Why? They just released an amazing album back in 2006, and continue to put on one of the best live shows out there. They need to stop playing the same songs on every single tour, but they're certainly not ready to call it quits.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Quote by reaper_x

to make music.

Exactly. Saw them live like a month ago, its going to be a long time before they give up.

Many, many, many years.
I also think Carlos Santana either needs to quit, or quit working with hacks.
Quote by vintage x metal

Just about every band from the 80s should be planning to end their career soon.
I'm a stupid jackass.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I also think Carlos Santana either needs to quit, or quit working with hacks.

My mom always falls for his tricks... Every odd while she buys a cd, OH "duets" with Nickelback and such people.
Wow only one mention of the Rolling Stones. All people want to talk about is how ****ing old they are. No ****, Sherlock. Everyone knows.

This wasn't pointed at anyone in this thread, just people you hear who spout the same old ****.
Quote by reaper_x

to make music.

I ****in' LOVE Maiden, but I don't think that they will pull off another good album.
Quote by soulflyV
Exactly. Saw them live like a month ago, its going to be a long time before they give up.

Many, many, many years.

+1
I think Aerosmith shoulg give up and go theve been around i wile and we can all agree every one of them has taken one to many drugs.... i heard whats his name the singer used to hide drugs in his microphone
I think if a musician still loves making music, then they should be allowed to continue doing so and keep getting support from their fans.
Gear:
Electric
Yamaha RGX520
Fender Strat HSS

Acoustic
1952 Martin and Co 00-18.
Yamaha FGX730SCA

Amp
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Amp FM25 DSP

Pedals
Boss DS-1
Rolling stones....what are they 70s now?
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
**** throwing in the the towel... the stones should just go die....
Quote by bpoeoanry
go back to sleep
Waking up with boobs? Is there a visine for that.
Quote by playinbass1432
AC/DC aren't done, man. They'll play till their dead, same as the Stones.

i just had this thought if i was in ACDC i would like there to be skeletal robots in school outfits and sgs doing ACDC gigs when they are dead. they would be there in spirit.
Quote by killedbyaspork

Ya but then youd have to hear about it non-stop when they died.
Quote by killedbyaspork

Why? The Stones are amazing performers!
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Rambo-Conny

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Quote by killedbyaspork

You should not give them s**t just cos they ain't as big as your mother.
Quote by nosushi4you
Why? The Stones are amazing performers!

there is a point where you need to stop getting blood transfusions, hip replacements and stop needing to take laxatives to move around on stage. and where the drugs finnaly catch up with you and your fathers spirit comes back and throttles you in your sleep.
Quote by bpoeoanry
go back to sleep
Waking up with boobs? Is there a visine for that.
Quote by HeavenlyVirus
I ****in' LOVE Maiden, but I don't think that they will pull off another good album.

When exactly have Maiden failed at making a good album? Never. Also, I saw them on Sunday and they were absolutely amazing, completely professional, and could hold up against any band new or old.

Oh yeah, I think Cryptopsy should call it quits or at least change their name 'cause there's only one original member remaining and he's technically not an 'original' member.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Quote by TBC Guitarist
Foo Fighters.

Never.

Keith Richards cannot be killed by conventional means btw.
Quote by rocknrollstar
"Oh baby baby yes yes YES! YES! *pinch harmonic*"
Quote by G.a.c.771
greenday

i heard green day are making 3 new albums
to be released late 08/early 09.
Quote by killthekingx
Opeth.

I was about to kill you for saying Opeth.

The Rolling Stones
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Page 1 of 3