Page 1 of 2
so, my bassist decides to kick me out of the band.
Reasons:
  • i need a job
  • i have barely enough money to get me to practices
  • i have a girlfriend

This person never offered gas money when I would take him back and forth from my place to his. I fed him on a few occasions because he was broke, and he doesn't have a car or anything.
He always said he liked the stuff I wrote and I mean, I'm not horrible on guitar but I could use some improvement. I don't really understand why he got rid of me. OH, and also he scheduled shows without letting me know. That kinda ticked me off. Especially when I created the band in the first place.

Now I know that it would just be lame and childish to try to take revenge, so I'm really not trying for that. Afterall...it was probably childish for me to make a thread about this. But putting all this aside, how probable is it that his band would make it really big and become famous? Furthermore, what are the chances of my band (when and if I get one together) doing the same?

You can be as honest as you want, but don't call me a crybaby or a a whiner or anything because I could honestly care a whole lot less. Im just curious as to how far they might go. Please answer honestly. thanks
I'd say somewhere in between. He has some good reasons. Get off your lazy ass and get a job.

But still, he needs to remember what you did for him.
My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

WHO SEND ALL THESE BABIES TO FIGHT?
You let your bassist push you around? Come on man, that's like getting picked on by a little girl.

But you should get a job, and get some cash on you and I guess call Mr. Bassist back up or start fresh by forming a new band.
OMGROFLWTFBBQ

A BASSIST!?

you must have self-esteem issues.

seriously though, get a job.
Quote by StJimmy88

You can be as honest as you want, but don't call me a crybaby or a a whiner or anything because I could honestly care a whole lot less. Im just curious as to how far they might go. Please answer honestly. thanks

why is it that the majority of americans cant use this phrase properly? It's I couldnt care less or i could not care less meaning you dont give a damn and you couldnt give any less of a damn because your at the treshold of damn giving.

not i could care less which implies you care about the injustice youve suffered.

anyway to stay on topic, hes a bassist he cant kick people out of bands.
Acoustic Percussion Guitar Player
Quote by InvaderTSN
I can only poop during full moons.
Pretend to be your roommate, and get a job as a substitute teacher at a private school. With any luck, you'll get a super talented class that just needs to be educated in rock. Then you can play the big battle of the bands! You'll probably lose to your old band though
Quote by KaMiKaZi90
"Mr. Owl? How many strokes does it take to make my little man explode?"
"Lets find out! One! Two! Three!"
*Crunch*
""
Quote by StJimmy88
I could honestly care a whole lot less.

You couldn't care less, that's what you mean.

I say just let it go get a job make some money buy better stuff get better and then show him by being more successful. That's about the only mature revenge you can get.
Quote by Prove_i_Did_It
Pretend to be your roommate, and get a job as a substitute teacher at a private school. With any luck, you'll get a super talented class that just needs to be educated in rock. Then you can play the big battle of the bands! You'll probably lose to your old band though

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
thats my sig now.
If it's your band, then why don't you just kick him out instead?
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
form a new band and call it "Anti-*insert old band's name*
Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean ? It's a mystery, and that's why mankind is.

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/map /
Quote by Metal-X
If it's your band, then why don't you just kick him out instead?

yeah lol thats what I was thinking......what about the other members of the band, what do they think about it??
Quote by goldmember1217
You let your bassist push you around? Come on man, that's like getting picked on by a little girl.

For real! What kind of **** is that? And you said you started this band?
dude...a BASSIST cannot kick out the FOUNDER of the band! kick his ass!
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
that's what you get for letting a bassist out of its cage
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
haha same thing happened to me...I brought the drummer and bass player to a rhythm guitar player and he kicked me out.

So...I just got everyone that I brought to leave that band and come with me...
and wtf is up with the girlfriend thing? We all know bassists can't get the action guitarists can, but unless your girl is a total douche and ****s up practice, I don't get it.
Quote by robertreilly666
why is it that the majority of americans cant use this phrase properly? It's I couldnt care less or i could not care less meaning you dont give a damn and you couldnt give any less of a damn because your at the treshold of damn giving.

not i could care less which implies you care about the injustice youve suffered.

I'm American, I say it properly and I rarely hear people say "could care less." Just because a couple people on the web say it like that doesn't mean that the majority of America does.

On topic: The chance that you, or your bass player will become famous isn't very high so don't sweat it. As for his complaints, it depends. If your lack of income is really keeping you from doing your part then I think he had the right to do what he did (although I would have talked to you first, which he may or may not have done).
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Quote by terrencemaddox
I'm American, I say it properly and I rarely hear people say "could care less." Just because a couple people on the web say it like that doesn't mean that the majority of America does.

Here in Canada every anglophone I hear says "could care less". This sure changes the stereotype, doesn't it?
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
Quote by LazySandman
that's what you get for letting a bassist out of its cage

Nice
My cancer spot is much bigger than yours

Quote by HumBucker666
I get carrot skinned regularly by a electrified carrot skinning device

Quote by GrEgUms1991
I have a small penis if that counts?

^ some pretty awesome sh!t ( click )

Europeans Unite!
well, i forgot to mention he was also the lead vocalist. But still, his voice sounded like the default ringtone on a cell phone. Regardless, I know he shouldn't have kicked me out and I should've kicked him out. Regardless, I'm going to be getting a job anyways because I need to go to college. so I was thinking about quitting the band anyways...but he just beat me to getting rid of me (if that makes sense). I am planning on forming a new band at some point in the future, but it will not be with the original bassist.
Quote by StJimmy88
Reasons:
  • i need a job
  • i have a girlfriend

This person never offered gas money when I would take him back and forth from my place to his. I fed him on a few occasions because he was broke, and he doesn't have a car or anything.
He always said he liked the stuff I wrote and I mean, I'm not horrible on guitar but I could use some improvement. I don't really understand why he got rid of me. OH, and also he scheduled shows without letting me know. That kinda ticked me off. Especially when I created the band in the first place.

Now I know that it would just be lame and childish to try to take revenge, so I'm really not trying for that. Afterall...it was probably childish for me to make a thread about this. But putting all this aside, how probable is it that his band would make it really big and become famous? Furthermore, what are the chances of my band (when and if I get one together) doing the same?

I've read something like this somewhere... I think some guy got thrown out of a band that went on to be one of the greatest selling metal bands of all time. Don't worry about that guy though, he also had his share of success.

Anyway, I seriously wish you luck on whatever happens. I guess it just depends on how talented the band is. If they write good music and you can see it being very popular then they may have what it takes to get big.
Because you have a girlfriend? Thats stupid.
Quote by powerhead
Mentallica, i think you just made my drive shank crank

Quote by beadhangingOne

You sir, are a true hero.

Quote by silversoulcage
Dude, seriously, you're an ass hole. That place where **** comes out, yea that's you man.
Whats with all you anti bass faggits talking ****? Dont like bass player then dont ask us to join the band
You stole my Overture
Haha.

You take shit from a bassist and you're the founding member? What the hell?
2002 Epiphone Goth G400 SG
B.C. Rich Warlock custom
1986 Washburn RR2 Flying V
1991 Peavey Falcon II Stratocaster
Wait a sec. Are you already kicked out or not? If not, you need to tell him who's boss. But then after that he'll probably hate you and leave anyway....
Nope, completely retarded reasons to kick you out, unless having a girlfriend and no job were somehow harming the band.

And if you're the founding member that just makes it worse. You have every reason to be pissed off at him.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by robertreilly666

It's because we love making Irish people mad with our nonsense phrases.
Quote by BulletFrost
Whats with all you anti bass faggits talking ****? Dont like bass player then dont ask us to join the band

Because someone has to bring lunch.

Anyways, just start a new band. If the other bandmembers didn't help you out then they're probably not worth your time. Go get a job and start a new band.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
when can anyone kick anyone out of a band?
Shouldn't everybody agree?

try and say "no, I kick you out". See what happens xD
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
Quote by StJimmy88
Reasons:
  • i need a job
  • i have a girlfriend

Definately immature.
He obviously doesn't know that it's traditional for musicians to be unemployed while they are finding their feet, (hey, how else are you gonna put in eight hours a day practice?) then self employed as a musician once they know what they're doing.
As for the girlfriend thing. WTF??? Things would be pretty bad if every band threw out any members that have girlfriends, is she his ex or something?
The first thing that everyone should learn about being in a band is that everyone in that band sticks together and looks after each other, like a family, through thick and thin. So you're a bit skint at the moment? So was he once and you didn't kick him out at the time did you?
Honestly, this guy's going nowhere with an attitude like that, but I can't honestly comment on your own chances without knowing you.
He kicked you out because he's jelous that you have a girlfriend and he doesn't.
GOODBYE BLUE SKY
Welcome to the world of the gigging guitarist dude!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by BulletFrost

all you anti bass faggits talking ****? Dont like bass player then dont ask us to join

anti bass faggits talking ****? Dont like bass player then dont ask us

bass faggits talking ****? Dont like

faggits

faggits
faggits
faggits

Page 1 of 2