Page 1 of 2
Would you be offended or rattled if you found out your girlfriend was better than you?

I was with my a couple of friends the other day and one of their girlfirends was there and she piced up the guitar and was way better than her boyfriend. I asked him how it made him feel later that she was better and he said that it didn't bother him.

Would it bother you? or would you like it?
I don't see why it would bother me... If anything, it'd make me more glad I have such an awesome girlfriend.
Well I have a penis so I have the upper hand. Being that, I would say it wouldn't bother me much.
SPACE FOR RENT
Ive yet to meet a female with real musical ability. It would probably turn me off if i honestly thought she was better than me and wanted a relationship.
i would be so turned on. the only problem is i would need a second amp for the kitchen.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by FireandFlames
I don't see why it would bother me... If anything, it'd make me more glad I have such an awesome girlfriend.

Yup. I would have her teach me. Come on, imagine how awesome it would be to have a girlfriend who you can jam out with!
Founder of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM me to join.
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
ak guitarist doesn't dress in the morning. he kills throughout the day and attires himself appropriately

id be exsatic, she could teach me and we would have another way to bond, wed jam, then teh sexorz
Quote by Zugunruhe
i would be so turned on. the only problem is i would need a second amp for the kitchen.

lmfao

Edit:
Quote by nt1440
id be exsatic, she could teach me and we would have another way to bond, wed jam, then teh sexorz

lmfao x2
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
I would be in love.
Quote by primusfan
if she's squatting over you it greatly increases the risk of breaking your dick in case it comes out. but that shouldn't be a problem for UGers because they all have 8" penises.
My friends' ex played guitar way better than he ever can. She has bad stage fright so she never played, but I heard recordings. Every time I tried to get her to play, he'd get all righteous "don't force her into that stuff", but everybody knew he cried in the shower about it.
How I wish, how I wish
That the world, that the world
Had just one
THROAT
And my fingers were around it

Literature thread
I would have sex with her. A lot.

In fact I would probably just give up playing so that I would have more time to screw her. Because I would see that as the hottest f*cking thing on the planet.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
I'm better at it than my boyfriend.... buut he doesn't play much, so it doesn't count.
What you cannot escape, you must fight; what you cannot fight, you must endure.
There's a couple of girls that play at our young adult worship service. They are way better than I am. They are awesome!

As for a gf, it'd be sweet to be able to jam with a gf!
Quote by DanRev
"Come over to my place, no ones home"

I went, there was no one home.
I had a girlfriend who was great at guitar. I liked it...I especially liked watching her band...they were hot
Quote by Jayok
Would you be offended or rattled if you found out your girlfriend was better than you?

No. I'd honestly get a raging boner.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Quote by smb
I had a girlfriend who was great at guitar. I liked it...I especially liked watching her band...they were hot

I can't help but detect a tone of wistfulness in your post...
Quote by Von.
My friends' ex played guitar way better than he ever can. She has bad stage fright so she never played, but I heard recordings. Every time I tried to get her to play, he'd get all righteous "don't force her into that stuff", but everybody knew he cried in the shower about it.

hmm sounds like a scam to me "she never played, but I heard recordings" how do you know it was actually her playing?

anyway, I might be a little bothered if she was obviously better than me, but it would be really cool to have a girlfriend at about the same skill level as me, then we could teach each other and jam and stuff.
wouldnt bother me. currently im teaching my gf, hopefully she can get just as good at it
Without spiritual mentoring, too much freedom can lead to the soul's decay
- Prince
its a 50/50 thing. depending on how much better she was. in all it could turn out some embarassing moments with the boys. but then u could always pull the "my girlfriend is better than yours!" and laugh cuz it would probly be true
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
i love me some bunnys

--> --> --> -->

Anybody up for a WookieCore Band? You let me know.

Watch me as i Rock on...
Dude that would be sweet!

Being able to jam with your girlfriend

Or better,
having a girlfriend who plays bass

THEN she could be good and we could jam
Quote by nalyd
I can't help but detect a tone of wistfulness in your post...

yup...those were the days
Quote by Rust_in_Peace34
No. I'd honestly get a raging boner.
Same.

The thought of a chick picking up a Korina V and wailing a Journey solo is definite boner material.
i don't know... it would be cool, but it would suck if she bragged about it a lot.

i can't really imagine it though....

my girlfriend does have an amazing voice though, she's great
it would sting if i found out IN FRONT OF OTHERS but, it be would be a huge turn on for me. think about it: crazy ass solo trade offs and soon your frenzied jam turns into you both droppin your guitars and hittin it like animals...

...maybe i just have to much time to think
Quote by Briyan_15
I think this man has a reputation to defend and "poop head" is not in that reputation.

Quote by omegasus
RUSSELL! WHAT THE ****!!!!
Quote by sneyob
Dude that would be sweet!

Being able to jam with your girlfriend

Or better,
having a girlfriend who plays bass

THEN she could be good and we could jam

my new mission in life.....
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
i love me some bunnys

--> --> --> -->

Anybody up for a WookieCore Band? You let me know.

Watch me as i Rock on...
Hm, this really hot girl I'm friends with plays guitar, she's supposed to be pretty decent at it.

Hmmm...
Quote by Zugunruhe

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! GENIUS!
Yeah I think it would be pretty cool to be able to jam with her but it would be better if she was even a better songwriter than guitar player
Quote by Rock'N'Soul
Well I have a penis so I have the upper hand. Being that, I would say it wouldn't bother me much.

Plus you can attempt bass solos like that one that Murderface did on Metalocalypse.
Quote by redneckrebel
Wow...just wow

A clapstack? My life is complete.
I agree with most here, it's just plain hot. You got teh Sex, teh Rockz, all you need now is teh Drugz.

edit: if you can't deal with it you have a miniscule sac, sir.
Last edited by Straplocks at Mar 21, 2008,
well my ex was amazing at the piano she's playing at carnegie hall for a recitcal soon i haven't talked to her in a week though but i wasn't jealous of her for it i even played my acoustic along with her once it was fun i miss her
My Gear:
Epi standard les paul
Taylor 110 acoustic
Fender blues junior amp
Fulltone OCD
I would luv to meet a girl who could play better than me.

It seems like most girls where i live really can't play for crap or else have no interest other than listening tho!
****k... I love girls that play guitar and definitely if a girl played a journey solo infront of me... I wouldn't just get a boner, hell I'd blow my load just right there on the spot... and I'm not ashamed of that

in all seriousness though I had one ex (we're pretty good friends now) who was a little bit under my skill level at the time and ya it was dammm hottt... I love girls that play guitar though... huge turn on for me, and if they can fully appreciate music... dam, usually I end up dating girls that can't play all that well, but meh then you can teach them, on a bed... and nine times out of ten... ya you know what comes next
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.

When the fuck did we get ice cream?
That would definitely be a turn on, I would have her give me lessons. Alas, I have to give her lessons.

Unrelated, but I just noticed that Rust_in_Peace34 and Creamcheeze both have pancakes in the little section under the username, and they posted like 5 posts away from each other. Because of my username, It kinda creeped me out....

Gear:
Rickenbacker 620
Vox Valvetronix AD60VTX
Snarling Dog Whino Wah
Not Enough cables
I can't relate to the never ending games you play.
My ex-boyfriend claimed over a year ago (when we were still going out), and still claims, that I'm much better than him at guitar. He doesn't seem ashamed at all; in fact, whenever we're on the topic with his friends, that's the first thing he says. I'm not sure how true it is-I've only been playing two years, he's been playing four- but he's definitely not embarrassed.
If only summer rain would fall, on the houses and the boulevards
And the sidewalk bagatelles, it's like a dream
With the roar of cars and the lulling of the cafe bars,
The sweetly sleeping sweeping of the Seine...
Page 1 of 2