Page 1 of 2
If you didn't see Obama's truly magnificent speech on Tuesday, its on YouTube. For those of you who have seen it, discuss. I thought it was a truly brilliant speech, and Obama is clearly one of the greatest public speakers of our time. This speech addressed the topic of race in politics, and I thought he did it well. So, discuss.
simply yes
even me being a conservative it was a great speech
BUT he really should/could of addressed the issue at hand
rather than the whole race thing
still a great speech though
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
he really is the best speaker and best hope for the country since Bobby Kennedy. phenomenal speech.
I didn't care for his rationalization that the real reason behind white americans becoming upset with affirmitive action and the outsourcing of jobs was "questionable accounting practices"...
personally none of the candidates words mean a thing. i wanna see what they can actually do for us, not say to us.
Ok. Stop with the Obama threads, we have a POLITICAL THREAD for a reason.
Quote by Beakwithteeth
What a coincidence one time I ****ed your cousin in the eye.
Quote by johnny butt
If Obama gets elected, it's going to be an Obama-nation.

it took me forever to get that. i feel dumb
o ****in shoot yourselfs him and his friend there hes known for 20-30 some ****ing years the racist preacher mother****er these asses need to be stopped im not a fan of hilary the dyke either so dont even try and say it this country needs cliton and barack hussein obama like we just need a ****in a bomb and just ****in blow this hell hole to mother****in space dust
Empire Records one of the best films ever.
His name isnt Warren.
His name isnt Warren.
His name isnt Warren?
I thouht his name was Warren?

"slayer sabbath:
whats wrong with metal, has this website been taking over by power chording, girl pants wearing, emos?"
Well, this overabundance of Obama threads could be telling us all something.
Theres clearly nothing better to talk about.
Also: If Barack Obama does become the new Pokemon, I am so going to start a trading card game.
Quote by ewp805
Ok. Stop with the Obama threads, we have a POLITICAL THREAD for a reason.

Political threads are so huge...your voice can never be heard.
I saw clips on the Daily Show and haven't saw the entire speech yet, but from what I've saw it was truly a great speech.

I still love how John Stewart explained it. "Talked to us about racism like we're adults."

That, IMO, is what made the speech truly great. Obama didn't beat around he bush, he addressed us properly and didn't try to dumb it down.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
I propose a drinking game. Every time Obama talks about "change" in vague terms without actually specifying what he plans to do or how he plans to do it, everyone takes a shot. This is ingenious because it will result in the death (by alcohol poisoning) of all the morons that actually take him seriously.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by its_alive
Well, this overabundance of Obama threads could be telling us all something.
Theres clearly nothing better to talk about.
Also: If Barack Obama does become the new Pokemon, I am so going to start a trading card game.
There's stuff to talk about, unless you're blind.
ALL of the candidates are just ****ing talking right now! How is what Obama is doing anymore "just words" than what McCain or Clinton are saying?
Quote by Archeo Avis
I propose a drinking game. Every time Obama talks about "change" in vague terms without actually specifying what he plans to do or how he plans to do it, everyone takes a shot. This is ingenious because it will result in the death (by alcohol poisoning) of all the morons that actually take him seriously.

This is the most rational post I've read in the pit in some time.
Quote by DopeDanny
o ****in shoot yourselfs him and his friend there hes known for 20-30 some ****ing years the racist preacher mother****er these asses need to be stopped im not a fan of hilary the dyke either so dont even try and say it this country needs cliton and barack hussein obama like we just need a ****in a bomb and just ****in blow this hell hole to mother****in space dust

Am I the only one who had a hard time understanding this?

I still don't understand! Again, in English this time?
Quote by Masonpwiley

Lol I didn't get any of that either...
Quote by Masonpwiley

He said, "America has gone to **** and we'd be better off destroying the entire country and building it back up from scratch. No one person can have the necessary heavy influence to rectify its skewed morals and corrupt government."
Quote by hugmeplz
ALL of the candidates are just ****ing talking right now! How is what Obama is doing anymore "just words" than what McCain or Clinton are saying?

Knock-knock. Anybody home?

The candidates talking is provides their views to voters like you and me. If it weren't for the debates and speeches, we would know almost nothing about them!
Quote by Archeo Avis

I would sig this if I thought it would all fit.
Quote by its_alive
Knock-knock. Anybody home?

The candidates talking is provides their views to voters like you and me. If it weren't for the debates and speeches, we would know almost nothing about them!

All their talk is worth very little, they never discuss the real issues that need to be discussed. They sweep them under the rug in the hope that nobody will notice. All Obama really ever says is 'hope' and 'change'. To an extent he has based his entire campaign on two almost meaningless words.

If there were a proper debate, based on issues and not gender or race, then I would be the first to watch it, however, the current debates lower what is supposed to be a very important act, choosing a president, to a mere popularity contest.

I used to be a big Obama fan, now I'm starting to realise that for all his inspiration, he's just like all the other politicians. The only reason I still support him is because he has promised to drop all the spying on American citizens and he's even talked about small scale cannabis legalization.
Quote by DopeDanny

Oh. My. Bannable. Fruit.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
Quote by blynd_snyper
All their talk is worth very little, they never discuss the real issues that need to be discussed. They sweep them under the rug in the hope that nobody will notice. All Obama really ever says is 'hope' and 'change'. To an extent he has based his entire campaign on two almost meaningless words.

Just look at his past voting records...they don't call him the most liberal senator for nothing.

The only reason I still support him is because he has promised to drop all the spying on American citizens and he's even talked about small scale cannabis legalization.

*cough* Libertarian party *cough*
Quote by denizenz
Just look at his past voting records...they don't call him the most liberal senator for nothing.

*cough* Libertarian party *cough*

Yes his voting record is impressive, and I admire him for standing out against the war in Iraq and generally doing what he feels right, but when I watch his speeches, when I watch the way his fans support him, I just get this feeling that he's not a presidential candidate so much as he is a cult leader.

I really don't want to trash talk him, as I support him, but there are some aspects of his candidacy that are horrible.

And yes, I know, the libertarian party represent all of my views, but in my opinion a vote for them is a wasted vote. After 8 years of republican horsecrap a change is needed, all of those who vote for an independent are simply giving McCain a better chance at the white house.

EDIT: Anyhoo, this will be my last post in this thread as I really don't want to hijack it any further and what we're now discussing is more fit for the political thread.

Good day sir.
Yep, it was good. I really hope he gets elected. If anyone can turn this hell wole around it's him. McCain has decent views but ole' Georgie boy supports him and it would be like monkeyface being back in office *shudders*
Quote by denizenz
His voting record is impressive if you're impressed by high taxes and ignorant economic planning.

Voting democratic to improve the economy is like eating habaneros to cure heartburn.

why is everyone so anti taxes? i realize they are high and some cannot afford them, but if the money goes towards actual good (aka not for war) then i have no problem with them, also the rich should have to pay more, because they can afford it without it affecting them at all
Quote by nt1440
why is everyone so anti taxes? i realize they are high and some cannot afford them, but if the money goes towards actual good (aka not for war) then i have no problem with them, also the rich should have to pay more, because they can afford it without it affecting them at all

Everyone is against taxes because the government doesn't know how to spend money wisely. And most of the taxation in the U.S. isn't even constitutionally legal.
Quote by denizenz
His voting record is impressive if you're impressed by high taxes and ignorant economic planning.

Voting democratic to improve the economy is like eating habaneros to cure heartburn.

Works pretty well for Scandinavian countries, and they're way more left than anything in the US
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by denizenz
Everyone is against taxes because the government doesn't know how to spend money wisely. And most of the taxation in the U.S. isn't even constitutionally legal.

well thats exactly why we need someone to come in and reform our systems, im not saying i think these candidates can, but taxes would be good if they went towards what they are supposed to be
Page 1 of 2