alrite i got a friend buying my vox valvetronix and i told him he needs to replace the speaker tho. so i called the shop to find out the cost for that and they needed to know what speaker (so they know which one to get obviously) it uses.

so if you got it, open up the back up the cab and lemme know what the speaker model is if ya dont mind? not the model number, i believe the brass part says somethin like "AD-30" but i dont need to know that. what i need to know is like the brand or whatnot. thanx!!!
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
its a celestion... not sure which one as I don't own one but it is a celestion
Quote by whatadrag

*Blink. Not a good one, if it is. Valvetronix speakers are rather tosh.

TS, there are better ways to improve your sound, but it'll be an 8 ohm 10" 30 watt speaker.
hahaha this isn't for MY tone. my tone is already world's ahead of the one i had a few months ago when this vox was my main amp. i blew the speaker around a year ago and it needs to be replaced so my friend can use it. he's paying me for the amp and then for the speaker and speaker change. but in order for the shop to give me a quote on the price they gotta know what speaker it uses.

i second the celestion thing, the speaker in that wasn't anything special. it was mediocre. so i doubt it was a celestion...
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by whatadrag

No they're not, they're only celestions on the 50 watt model.

Any brand would really do, I think they speaker is 8 inches, most likely 8 ohms, just email Vox to find that out.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
10'' actually. but yea it is 8 ohms. i'll just tell them to get whatever would be equally as nice or better and then get a quote on installation fee. if i knew replacing the speaker would be really simple i'd do it myelf, but i haven't done that kind of thing yet.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by slash_rocks2005
10'' actually. but yea it is 8 ohms. i'll just tell them to get whatever would be equally as nice or better and then get a quote on installation fee. if i knew replacing the speaker would be really simple i'd do it myelf, but i haven't done that kind of thing yet.

It is, just need a screwdriver and a soldering iron.

Just take the old one out, screw the new one in and put the amp cables to the positive and negative ports, then just solder them on.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
so speakers aren't glued in at all? like around the rim? cuz if it's that easy i guess i'll look into doing it myself.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by slash_rocks2005
so speakers aren't glued in at all? like around the rim? cuz if it's that easy i guess i'll look into doing it myself.

There might be some glue, but you can just pry it off.

This might help you in soldering-

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dT8-Q2IohkA

EDIT-

Totally forgot, they may have plugs, so you may not even need to solder, just plug the new speaker in.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky