hey guys i was looking at some amps for an amazing clean and lead tone. it was between the carvin legacy and orange tiny terror. my dream amp is a mesa lonestar but since that is out of the question for now which of those will help replicate those tones best? i want the orange because it is boutique with low wattage and price tag. and the legacy i heard has amazing lead tones but 100 watts is overkill for someone who doesnt gig yet.

some help is much appreciated.
Perhaps some sort of Fender? Do you want distorted leads or clean leads? Whats your budget and what country are you in?
Quote by lilchimp818
hey guys i was looking at some amps for an amazing clean and lead tone. it was between the carvin legacy and orange tiny terror. my dream amp is a mesa lonestar but since that is out of the question for now which of those will help replicate those tones best? i want the orange because it is boutique with low wattage and price tag. and the legacy i heard has amazing lead tones but 100 watts is overkill for someone who doesnt gig yet.

some help is much appreciated.

Oranges aren't really 'boutique' anymore.

I've never really found a better lead tone than a Legacy. I'd say go for it.

If you want a bit more versatility, I'd say something like a Road King or a Carvin V3.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
The Legacy is switchabale to 50 watts I believe, but the newer Carvin XB100 is switchable to 25 too, and would work well for what you want.
i dont want to sound vague but both distorted and clean lead tones. thats why a super reverb wouldn't work for me. a road king is too expensive and i have no way to try out a carvin v3.
So where are you from? And whats your budget. So far i suggest the Legacy, but i have never played a XB100..
You're looking strictly for great cleans and lead tones, the Legacy is a no-brainer. The Legacy has the best cleans of any amp I've played to date, very warm and glassy sounding. The lead channel speaks for it selfs. A nice warm lead tone that gets smoother the more you crank it. The 50/100 watt switch doesn't make a huge difference on overall volume level. I run my Legacy at 50 watts only because the cleans sound a bit cleaner and the lead channel gets hotter sooner, but it's still one LOUD amp!

Where are you from? If you're anywhere near me, I'm actually looking to sell my Legacy 2x12 combo.
hmm, im from los angeles. i actually planned on going for the used head because it would run under $600.

any other amps that would do the trick?
I've seen used Legacy heads in the $600 range. Do a little looking around online, I'm sure you'll find one.
Look for a used Mesa F30. Covers all your bases. Great cleans, great lead tone, relatively lower wattage. Huge win for you.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
thanks guys i will take a look at the mesa f 30s, especially since the low wattage is a big factor.

either that or the legacy. thanks.