Just started within the past week...

I play through a Peavey VK100, and im fairly positive the problem is the amp, because i have removed all my pedals from my setup and tried playing with several guitars, with the same result....

To give the best idea i can of the sound it is making.....after i pluck it sounds like this....

"eEEEeeooooowww"

:P

The o's and w's would be the normal sound i used to get through my amp. but i get a very treble-ish twangy moment at the beginning of each note sounding...

I am new to tube amps. but could either my power tubes or preamp need changing? I would assume the powertubes, as i would guess that is what affects distortion? Thanks in advance!
did you switch cables?

If so, check the power tubes, if you see white, you may have burned one out. Take it to a shop to get biased afterwards.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
I assume the power tubes are the larger of the two types? that are visibly glowing, mine are all orange-ish still.

what is biasing with a tube amp refering to
the odd thing is, and it led me to believe it was strings at first, is it started immediately after i put some new strings on my strat and played it through the amp, but i have since changed strings to another brand, and realized it does it with both guitars....
Quote by boonsnic
I assume the power tubes are the larger of the two types? that are visibly glowing, mine are all orange-ish still.

what is biasing with a tube amp refering to

Hmm, Im not sure what the problem is, Id wait for someone more experienced to come over.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?