I'd like to know a good bass part that I can learn. I would consider myself on the intermediate level, hardest song I can play being Monsters by Matchbook Romance. The bands I like are A7X, Rage Against the Machine, the Killers, and Bullet for my Vallentine.

Please recomend me a song. I listen to too much hard rock and the bass parts tend to be too hard.
Quote by MrGuy0250
Please recomend me a song. I listen to too much hard rock and the bass parts tend to be too hard.

What do you call hard rock? A lot of hard rock has very simple basslines. You said you like Rage Against the Machine. Learn the entire first album. Goldmine of stuff for a modern bassist. Try learning outside of tabs, whether it be sheet music or by ear. The bass is easy to hear, and the patterns are somewhat simple.

Or, you could, you know, WRITE something. If you've been playing a while, you can figure out what works and what doesn't. If you get into a band, then it'll help a ton.
That is definately a novice levelsong(Monsters).

Go learn go oler green day or something, if monsters is all you got, you should improve on the basics.

But if you feel your better than that, go listen to some primus, or play the City of Evil A7X albu perfectly(Johhny's bassline can get kind hard to hang with if only for a second).
Quote by MrGuy0250
I would consider myself on the intermediate level, hardest song I can play being Monsters by Matchbook Romance

lol my roflcopter goes soi soi soi!

seriously play some scales and write some music
You stole my Overture
I know everyone always suggests them, but try some Chilis? Any tracks off their old albumns, or Stadium Arcadium such as So Much I, Torture Me or If?

Although, if you're finding some bass lines too hard, the best way to improve would be to stick at them and learn them, improving your ability. Do Panic Attack by Dream Theater, some parts arent too hard and similar style to A7x
you need to learn some funk. I recommend earth wind and fire
Quote by IndianRockStar
You said you like Rage Against the Machine. Learn the entire first album. Goldmine of stuff for a modern bassist.

I thought about this and tried playing the whole album and it took me 52 min and 56 seconds. never did that before, only knew one song on the album, Killing in the Name, so right now I am very proud of myself . Thanks for putting this amazing thought into my head.
"If I was any cooler I'd be froze">>>Me

Epiphone Les Paul Custom,
Yamaha: FG-405
Yamaha: FX370C TBS
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz & Fretless Jazz
Vox AD30VT
Traynor DynaBass 200T
Hohner Button Accordian
Digitech RP350