So here's the deal....
My parents gave me $200 to put towards a new guitar ( untill i start working in the summer and buy a Epi Lp Standard). Im also trying to sell my psp for $150 on craigslist to get some more money....

So in other words whats a good guitar in the $200 range.... I was thinking Sg-310...
I play Rock/punk/emo ( think Paramore to the Devil wears prada)
200?

i would steer clear of the 310. the epi 400's are pretty much where you'd want to start from if you're set on an epi sg. But for 200, I would look into fernandes, or a lesser known brand, possibly a made in korea instrument. do you know hagstrom? they go for around 200, maybe 250.

and if you're looking for an amp, musiciansfriend is having a huge sale on hughes and kettner right now. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation?N=100001+706162

id highly recommend the edition blue 15. cannot beat it for $50.
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
So I'm looking at that Edition Blue 15. If I stick a pedal in front of it, will it be good for metal?
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
might be better with a roland cube. but im sure with the right pedal, anything is possible.

but again, the H&K is just a much nicer amp overall, and ESPECIALLY at $50. i really dont need one but i think ill pick it up and give it to a cousin or use it in studio.
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight