Page 1 of 2
I was hanging out with this girl the other day and we talked for well over 5 hours. We have a lot in common and I don't mean strictly taste in music, movies, etc. I was all stoked about how she could be the perfect girl but when I woke up this morning I feel guilty and terrible but I don't know why. I have no clue why I feel this way but I just get the idea that somehow I've done something wrong. This girl is everything I have every looked for in a soul mate and yet I'm afraid of something. Maybe my mind is just still trying to take it all in, or maybe I'm just a douche and need to relax. I have a tendancy to over analyze everything. I just wished this guilt would go away and I can pursue a relationship without distraction.

Has this ever happened to any of you pit monkeys out there.
Calm down so you don't blow it. Don't feel guilty, but also try not to put so much into the "she's the perfect girl" business. Just relax and take it as it comes man.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
You're a douche and need to relax.
███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████
Oddly enough, yes. Not necessarily with talking to a girl, but a couple of times I have woken up and felt extremely guilty the whole day, without ever figuring out what it was. Maybe it's just mild depression?
Quote by Kensai
Forget about her, she seems complicated. Who wants a girl who answers in riddles? I'm not the fucking sfinx.

Quote by Rambo-Conny
Woah, woah. Back the hell up.

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Of course he got all the girls, he's Rick Astley.
Quote by blackphoenix86
Maybe my mind is just still trying to take it all in, or maybe I'm just a douche and need to relax. I have a tendancy to over analyze everything. I just wished this guilt would go away and I can pursue a relationship without distraction.

same here man

i hate that bitch, but i think i like her
Yeah i'm very neurotic and tend to overanalyze things too; sounds to me like your subconscious is trying to sabotage this relationship, but that's just a guess.
I did not get my Spaghetti-O's, I got spaghetti. I want the press to know this.
Executed by injection, Oklahoma.
~~ Thomas J. Grasso, d. March 20, 1995.

Lyrics/Poetry

Fires Burning
Maybe you're just low on sugar levels. Happened to me sometimes.
You feel depressed and like shit and don't know why.
Eat chocolate, and drink a coffee.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by JohnnyHolmes
God or your instincts are telling you not to date her

That's what ****ing scares me. But if I pass her up I'm going to be even more pissed at myself for not taking the chance.
Quote by blackphoenix86
That's what ****ing scares me. But if I pass her up I'm going to be even more pissed at myself for not taking the chance.

I know it's difficult... but the key is you have to not think about it. I used to excessively overthink too and it just sets you back.

It's the tragic flaw man, think Hamlet. Don't think, just do.
Quote by captainjackass

you were thinking of her when you whacked it, werent you?

+1

Naughty, naughty
Gear
Schecter C-1 Artist
Vox AD15VT
Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic
AIDS+Rape=Guilt+Jail time!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
The only time I ever feel guilty with a girl is when I bang one while wasted and wake up next to her the next morning to find out that shes a fugly. Sad but true.
David St. Hubbins: Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year. It's just not really widely reported.
- Spinal Tap
You've caught cooties. eww yucky.
2002 Epiphone Goth G400 SG
B.C. Rich Warlock custom
1986 Washburn RR2 Flying V
1991 Peavey Falcon II Stratocaster
maybe you are afraid to commit or something.
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Quote by dimestorekeet
UG pit=not Therapists

Indeed. I love how a whole bunch of these angsty threads pop up here on the pit.
Its like the kids don't know how to deal with their emotions and have to ask others opinions...

its stupid.
Rainbow
(I'm not gay)
About blackphoenix86
I love art
I'm straight-edge
I wear sweat shop free clothing
I love philosophy, history, psychology, politics
I'm a loner

//Thread
low confidence dude. i tend to hate myself after i do something quite good. you did well, and got lucky, but you dont feel like you deserve it.

i know, it sucks
Relax man. I had the EXACT same thing with the first girl I really liked (I lost 10 kilos in a month). I liked her for well over a year. We would talk for about 3 hours everyday and I'd sit for an hour everyday after that and read over what we said and analyse (severely over analyse) everything we had said and what it might mean. I couldnt sleep. Every waking hour was spent in thoughts of her, mostly stressing that I'd screw up the relationship. Dude, all I can see from my personal experience is that you like her a heap. If you want to get rid of the feeling, then calm the **** down buddy.

And hey, I know this isn't the best thing or what you want to hear, but relationships very rarely ever work, especially if your so worked up about her. I spent a year chasing her and I screwed it all up in 3 months because I was too into her and over analytical of everything she did. Screwed around with her head and she didnt like it. Calm down mate. Cool it.
My mind also does that. If I every stumble across something that could be good, I overanalyze it and find each bad part, to keep myself from it. I've done it with many things, girls included. It's very annoying... I don't know what to say, lol. The ONLY girl whom I have never done that to (and, ironically enough, the only one that likes me at the moment) lives a good 2 1/2 hours away. She's as perfect as can be, in my opinion haha. So it's one of those unfair things where we both like eachother (quite a bit), and if we DID live in the same place, there wouldnt be air between us to breathe, but that just isn't the case. That one fact that she lives too far away keeps me from overanalyzing it, because there is no point. But, I'm 15, what do I know?

Just do this, maybe itll help. Get a piece of paper, and write down all the good and bad things about this person. This can help you see which one outweighs the other. Since you see her as perfect, you may have a lot on one side. But now, do this with ANOTHER girl you know. If they have many of the same qualities, and you don't feel guilty after talking to the other one, then why should you with this girl?

Sorry if that confused you, haha.
Last edited by Msu_Man04 at Mar 21, 2008,
Quote by Msu_Man04

Just do this, maybe itll help. Get a piece of paper, and write down all the good and bad things about this person. This can help you see which one outweighs the other. Since you see her as perfect, you may have a lot on one side. But now, do this with ANOTHER girl you know. If they have many of the same qualities, and you don't feel guilty after talking to the other one, then why should you with this girl?

Sorry if that confused you, haha.

Just make sure they don't find it, cuz that happened with Ross about Rachel on friends and ya, not pretty
Sounds like some underlying issues as in maybe you dont think your worth being happy well sir you are wrong everybody deserves happiness except for furby's (creepy bastards) i say go for this girl dont over pursue her and just sit back and enjoy the ride!
With fat friends there are no see-saws.. just catapults!
Quote by Darth_Qurashi
Just make sure they don't find it, cuz that happened with Ross about Rachel on friends and ya, not pretty

Haha, I remember that now. I forgot about that. Yeah, definitely don't let anyone find those.
Quote by blackphoenix86
I was hanging out with this girl the other day and we talked for well over 5 hours. We have a lot in common and I don't mean strictly taste in music, movies, etc. I was all stoked about how she could be the perfect girl but when I woke up this morning I feel guilty and terrible but I don't know why. I have no clue why I feel this way but I just get the idea that somehow I've done something wrong. This girl is everything I have every looked for in a soul mate and yet I'm afraid of something. Maybe my mind is just still trying to take it all in, or maybe I'm just a douche and need to relax. I have a tendancy to over analyze everything. I just wished this guilt would go away and I can pursue a relationship without distraction.

Maybe, you dont feel guilt. Maybe its fear, that you have found your soul mate and could lose her easily. Going on whats near the end it seems it to me.

Just calm down, look at the situation (Never over analyse) and see what can happen between you.
it's normal, it's called nerves. talk to her, enjoy it while it lasts.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
i've been in the same situation as you. Give it time and you'll prolly lose the terrible feeling. If you don't go out with her or something, you're going to look back and regret it.

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
Quote by dimestorekeet
UG pit=not Therapists

That's why our service is free. We're all faceless voids that once in a blue moon have worthwhile things to say.

EDIT:

Calm down. I think I might be going through the same thing at the moment. There's this guy that I really like personality-wise that I'd like to go out with but it might be kind of awkward since he's not much of a looker and smokes on occasion (bad breath) and I'm not even sure if he likes me like that. OK, I'll stop over analyzing before I spill all my thoughts all over the place in the pit.

Anyway, I say you should go for it, but ease into it, like flirt a little and see how she recieves it before continuing.
Last edited by rockergurl09 at Mar 21, 2008,
Quote by Mad-Season
You've caught cooties. eww yucky.

Of all the possible responses to +1 in this thread , i'm picking this.

+1
Maybe you feel guilty because subconsciously you think you don't deserve her. I really can't find another explanation other than nerves perhaps.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

I feel its just realization of what transpired. Everything you've been looking for in a woman just popped up and smacked you in the face. Its just like getting ina car accident, your shook, it'll calm down bud.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Page 1 of 2