pends on the tone you want.

vox wahs are more for clean "wah wah"

dunlop are more of that gain filled "wuuuuuh"
Quote by archenemy_no.1
Yeah, metal. Kinda bluesy sometimes though. But mostly metal.

Maybe an Ibanez Weeping Demon or a Morley would be better for you then.
I don't really know about the Bad Horsie, but I don't really like the sound of the Weeping Demon. I like the sound of both the Vox and Crybaby, which is why I asked Vox or Dunlop.
If you're gonna be using quite a bit of gain, then you're better off looking at something like RMC wahs, which have output buffers and stuff.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're gonna be using quite a bit of gain, then you're better off looking at something like RMC wahs, which have output buffers and stuff.

No one sells those where I live, and plus isn't the full name of the Vox, The Vox Clyde Mccoy V847 Wah. Am I thinking of sometihng else. Would the Vox have the same features as RMC? And what about the Rocktron black cat moan?
Quote by archenemy_no.1
No one sells those where I live, and plus isn't the full name of the Vox, The Vox Clyde Mccoy V847 Wah. Am I thinking of sometihng else. Would the Vox have the same features as RMC? And what about the Rocktron black cat moan?

Nah, the Vox is the Vox V847. Vox make a Vox Clyde McCoy, which is the V848. The RMC wahs have more features, and there is more variety within the wahs they make. Look into Fulltone if there are any there? Not heard of the Rocktron one.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Skip the Rocktron and the Ibanez Weeping Demon. The Vox is a great wah, but the 535Q is probably more of what you're looking for. It's much more versatile than the Vox.
Quote by Guitarmiester
Skip the Rocktron and the Ibanez Weeping Demon. The Vox is a great wah, but the 535Q is probably more of what you're looking for. It's much more versatile than the Vox.

I personally thought the 535Q was better with a load of gain. I recently tried out a V847, and I was really impressed by it's bluesy tone. It's great for old school stuff, funk, blues. For metal it's not the best.

Why don't you try them both out? And I think Michael Ammott modded his V847
Quote by sum_ugly_man
I personally thought the 535Q was better with a load of gain. I recently tried out a V847, and I was really impressed by it's bluesy tone. It's great for old school stuff, funk, blues. For metal it's not the best.

True, but seems like he'll be playing more metal than blues. The 535Q can do blues as well.
the vox with mods
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55