Ok. So I have had lots of free time lately so I have been practicing up on everything [all the little techniques and stuff]. And I have improved on almost everything but one thing... Hammer Ons, I believe it's called. The insanely fast fretting and picking heard in many solos. Maybe I'm just uncoordinated, but i can't seem to sync the speed of the picking with the.... [hammering?... Fingering just doesn't sound right...]. I think part of it is because of the weight of my bomb. (I mean bomb in the bad way). Yes, thats right. I am finally admitting that the Special II is a heavy piece of ****. Very heavy. Could that have anything to do with it? I must say I haven't tried this with the strap on, standing up yet. Just sitting. And it seems very heavy to keep steady, pick at the right speed, and ....... Hammer. Please help. It's appreciated.

-Lolopop
טארה ניקול
&
נח ליאם

-1.24.11-
please dont take this thr wrong way, but the upgrade from the special II to the 100 isnt worth anything. I'm not so sure it's even an upgrade. this isnt meant as a negative comment. just trying to help out.
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
Ok... So what should I do then?
טארה ניקול
&
נח ליאם

-1.24.11-
well in response to your issue, start slowly and work your way up. a metronome is a great investment.

and as for a guitar, save up at least $250 then you can work towards a decent upgrade.
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
Well, try practicing real slow.

and if you think your les paul special is great, why not upgrade your amp.
Lol..... Damn. I don't anymore. -sigh- I guess i need to change that too ><
טארה ניקול
&
נח ליאם

-1.24.11-
My guitar weighs a freaking ton and I can still hammer-on and pull-off just fine. You just need to practice more.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
Lol... Ok. Thats good to hear. So I can wait on upgrading the guitar for the moment then?
טארה ניקול
&
נח ליאם

-1.24.11-