I think I spelled that right...

Anyhoo, I own an Ampeg BA-115 combo and recently blew out the tweeter (the tiny off-set speaker, for those who don't know.) I had it unhooked, and while the main bass speaker still has a pretty good sound, I'm not getting the kind of treble I would like. The tech I took it to to have it looked at suggested I either have a cross-over switch installed or get a new tweeter.

From the get-go, he said the former would be really expensive, so I'm obviously going to go with the cheaper alternative.

So, where can I get a new tweeter, and what are some fairly inexpensive, solid brands? If there are any particular brands, that is.
Last edited by Yawsbass at Mar 21, 2008,
Have you tried contacting Ampeg directly to see if they can ship you a replacement part?

Another option is to try these guys: http://www.madisound.com. A friend at work swears by them and they are great if you have questions. If they don't have what you need, they will give you a load of options on who to contact. Good luck!
Thanks Anarkee.

And no, I wouldn't get the same one again. It was a poorly made little thing that the tech said he was surprised lasted as long as it did.