Time to replace the Marshall MG 15 watt!

.... don't even start....

Alright, so I've got around $1000 to blow. That's *around* $1000. Give or take a couple hundred bucks. I'm not too amp savvy as of now. I'll be looking into it more, but I'm not sure where to start. I play heavier progressive metal but I also use cleans quite a bit, too. Something like.. John Petrucci/Rusty Cooley/Michael Romeo/Opeth-styled cleans. I'm using a Jackson DK-2 with a BOSS GT-8 and RC-20XL Loop Station, if that helps at all.

Suggestions?
Quote by cloud_x_13
I see a b52 in your future...or a vox valvtronix...

why would he buy a valvetronix when he has approx. $1000 to spend?
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Used Mesa Boogie Mark III or IV

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
a mkIV for $1000 can.???

closest i can get in the uk is £2000 for a head!! maybe 1700 at a stretch!

thats nearly $4000 u.s - such stupid stupid prices!
Quote by davedoom
a mkIV for $1000 can.???

I don't see that happening. Really. I was at L&M the other day and the Mark IV's were around.... like twice as much as I have.

I don't have a cab or anything like that, so I'll need a combo or anything else that'll work like that.
well not a 5150 since you said you want nice cleans, check out the engl screamer, or one of the other engl combos, they have amazing metal tones, and some of the best cleans out there today.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
Quote by SkateEmerica987
well not a 5150 since you said you want nice cleans, check out the engl screamer, or one of the other engl combos, they have amazing metal tones, and some of the best cleans out there today.

The screamer sounds pretty good, but I'm not sure if anything around here carries ENGL. I'll check it out.
definitly a mesa boogie mark iv. Its got great lows and an amazing clean sound
Quote by Mr.Cuddles
i want to buy a hello kitty guitar than play it at a gig...
itll be like guitar solo than i pull out the kitty-caster and BAMMM
Used Mesa F-50 or any ENGL combo. The ENGL's are tad expensive but they are worth every single penny! Fender like cleans with Boogie distortion but slightly tighter. They are also hand built like a tank and the metal grill can stop bullets.

/Advertising... I love my ENGL!
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL