Ok. So in the middle/end of next month, i really am finally getting a better quality guitar. I have enough for an Epiphone Limited edition Les Paul Custom. So is that a good guitar? Is it worth the money? Or would I be better off getting an Epi Les Paul Standard plain top? That may seem like an idiotic question, but still. Which is better? Thanks.

טארה ניקול
&
נח ליאם

-1.24.11-
Quote by greggybhoy
Get a better amp first.

+1. you'll appreciate the tonal benefits of getting a new amp. because of your current amp, even if you put the most expensive gibson les paul through it it would sound no better than your LP special..
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Lolopop
K... How's this amp?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Crate-Flexwave-FW120-2x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=481052

Or should I get a peavey.... Idk. Help me out.

You should only get a new amp if your planned guitar upgrade is mainly intended for tonal improvement.

If you want a nicer, better playing guitar, get exactly that.

So essentially, the question would be: do you still like your existing guitar enough to stick with it?
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Guitar
Lyon LI15
Epi Beast
Berhinger V-ampire LX210
Danelectro grilled cheese & t-bone

Bass:
Peavey 112
Ibanez gsr200

Saving for Bugera 333 $300 / $599 :|

Quote by Doppelgänger
Agreed. There's no point in doing anything if she looks like shit.
Quote by Bonsaischaap
You should only get a new amp if your planned guitar upgrade is mainly intended for tonal improvement.

If you want a nicer, better playing guitar, get exactly that.

So essentially, the question would be: do you still like your existing guitar enough to stick with it?

Well... Its kind of beat up.... Since, when i bought it, it was a display. so it had tons of scratches on it when i bought it. It's heavy... The Bridge pickup sorta... Fell into the body and i cant stabalize it. Soo... I guess i will go ahead and get the custom.
טארה ניקול
&
נח ליאם

-1.24.11-
Last edited by Lolopop at Mar 21, 2008,
well, do you care about the aesthetics enough to spend the extra money??

it could be saved and used for an amp...

what kind of music do you play?? for amp suggestions....
Quote by thundrstruk891
do EXACTLY what rock savior said.

EXACTLY.

Quote by SGKIDD
^^ X2,00,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

To me

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM greendayguitar or blues_rocker to join.
Hmm. Not sure of any actual genre. Like... a combination of Atreyu, Co&Ca, and AFI... sooo.... Metalish? Idk. lol. But I was told that its all in the guitar. I know the amp matters a lot too, but... idk. This is exactly what i plan on doing.

-Selling both my pedals and putting that money aside
-buy the Custom
-keep saving/adding to the money i got for the pedals
-buy a good amp that has lots of effects, good Dist./ O.D. and that will be that.

oh and if it comes to it, i might get the Special fixed up as good as i can and selling it to. for money for the amp.
טארה ניקול
&
נח ליאם

-1.24.11-
Quote by Lolopop
Hmm. Not sure of any actual genre. Like... a combination of Atreyu, Co&Ca, and AFI... sooo.... Metalish? Idk. lol. But I was told that its all in the guitar. I know the amp matters a lot too, but... idk. This is exactly what i plan on doing.

-Selling both my pedals and putting that money aside
-buy the Custom
-keep saving/adding to the money i got for the pedals
-buy a good amp that has lots of effects, good Dist./ O.D. and that will be that.

oh and if it comes to it, i might get the Special fixed up as good as i can and selling it to. for money for the amp.

I'm all for buying the Custom, but keep in mind that if you're going for a considerable amp upgrade later on, you'll most likely be in tube amp territory. This means that you'll have a hard time finding one that actually sounds great and has a ton of effects.

Of course it all depends when you decide to upgrade your amp and what budget you'll have by then. Just keep in mind that most amps with a lot of digital effects are solid states, which aren't recommended if you're upgrading with a decent budget.

Finally, most of the effects found on the amps themselves aren't nearly as nice as when the effect is bought separately.

This isn't a problem right now though, as your going for a guitar upgrade (which isn't a bad choice at all).
Ok... Then.... I'll change this. Lol. The only 'effect(s)' i might want are Flanger and Reverb. But the Reverb isnt too important. can that one be found on tubes? [flanger]. then as long as it has high gain, yet can still sound fairly mellow (Like AFI's tone), it will be fine. and idk. i did try to figure finances out at 3:25 AM this morning, so i was a bit tired, but i think i'm going to sell everything off BUT the amp for the time being. then once i'm absolutely positive I'll have enough for the new amp once i sell my current amp, i'll sell it and get the new one if that makes sense.
טארה ניקול
&
נח ליאם

-1.24.11-
Quote by Lolopop
Ok... Then.... I'll change this. Lol. The only 'effect(s)' i might want are Flanger and Reverb. But the Reverb isnt too important. can that one be found on tubes? [flanger]. then as long as it has high gain, yet can still sound fairly mellow (Like AFI's tone), it will be fine. and idk. i did try to figure finances out at 3:25 AM this morning, so i was a bit tired, but i think i'm going to sell everything off BUT the amp for the time being. then once i'm absolutely positive I'll have enough for the new amp once i sell my current amp, i'll sell it and get the new one if that makes sense.

I'd simply recommend getting the guitar.

After that save up again and once you have a decent budget start worrying about what amp to pick.
I agree with Bona above. If you don't like your guitar - lose it because it is only holding you back. (Well IT"S not, but you get my point hopefully). I would keep your pedals for now though, through a good tube amp they will likely sound a lot better. (later) So try to sell the Epi you have and get what you want. Then down the road you can upgrade to a decent tube amp and you will already have the dist and flang you want. Most tube amps come with reverb but that's about all you want on a good tube amp effects wise.
Ok. Cool. WOW. I finally feel good. I made a decision that everyone supports and agrees with =D
טארה ניקול
&
נח ליאם

-1.24.11-