Ok so im born in 1991, in february right. so im 17.

But see, i want to go to 18+ concerts. NOW.

If i altered one of my ID cards to make it look like i was born in 1990, Id assume this is illegal but what does it fall under? Identity fraud?

and if i got caught, how bad would i get owned?

See the thing is i look like im like 15 and i dont think id do a great job of altering it. It would probably look a little sus.

Also do people have the right to refuse you if they think your ID is fake?, like say entering an 18+ movie, buying a pack of smokes.. etc
I play guitar =]
If they THINK it's fake, but they've got no proves, they will have to make you pass, but if they KNOW it's fake and they've got the proves, you're screwed

As you can see there's a 50% - 50% probability

It's up to you
That would be pure ownage and you would be in rly big trouble... Don't do that!
Quote by _-=Ali C=-_
i do it a lot. ill be playin somethin and i forget to close my mouth... sometimes its really bad, slobber everywhere. i goes mostly over the neck, on the higher frets, and its really hard to get out from under the strings.
You're in NZ. So am I.

I had one. They don't care. They take you to the station. Call your parents. Say 'don't do it again' and confiscate the id. A slap on the wrist.
Quote by pizzabox

If i altered one of my ID cards to make it look like i was born in 1990, Id assume this is illegal but what does it fall under? Identity fraud?

and if i got caught, how bad would i get owned?

See the thing is i look like im like 15 and i dont think id do a great job of altering it. It would probably look a little sus.

Also do people have the right to refuse you if they think your ID is fake?, like say entering an 18+ movie, buying a pack of smokes.. etc

Yes, they have the right to refuse you if think your ID is fake. And I would guess that you would be owned very badly.

I also hope that by 'altering' you don't mean 'crossing out the 1 and putting a 0 with a marker pen', because that would fail. Remember that bouncers and barmen are usually good at spotting fakes, especially bad ones.
Quote by SmarterChild
Yes, they have the right to refuse you if think your ID is fake. And I would guess that you would be owned very badly.

I also hope that by 'altering' you don't mean 'crossing out the 1 and putting a 0 with a marker pen', because that would fail. Remember that bouncers and barmen are usually good at spotting fakes, especially bad ones.

No they aren't. Mine was rubbish. It had quite a bump in the covering and they don't really care. They just give you a nod and let you in.

In my experience at least.
You know how cops are...

Quote by _-=Ali C=-_
i do it a lot. ill be playin somethin and i forget to close my mouth... sometimes its really bad, slobber everywhere. i goes mostly over the neck, on the higher frets, and its really hard to get out from under the strings.
Quote by lolcats
No they aren't. Mine was rubbish. It had quite a bump in the covering and they don't really care. They just give you a nod and let you in.

In my experience at least.

It depends on the place. Where I live they can check really thoroughly, then some pubs don't even ask for ID.
Quote by SmarterChild
It depends on the place. Where I live they can check really thoroughly, then some pubs don't even ask for ID.

And in NZ, they're like "she'll be right mate" and let you in. Haha
Quote by pizzabox

If i altered one of my ID cards to make it look like i was born in 1990, Id assume this is illegal but what does it fall under? Identity fraud? and if i got caught, how bad would i get owned?

See the thing is i look like im like 15 and i dont think id do a great job of altering it. It would probably look a little sus. Also do people have the right to refuse you if they think your ID is fake?, like say entering an 18+ movie, buying a pack of smokes.. etc

You wouldn't get badly punished. You just wouldn't be allowed in. And that's only if they noticed, which they don't often. A few of my friends got into a gig this way no problem. With so many people coming in they can't be arsed to check every ID properly, so if it looks real at a glance, you'll be fine. However, scanning your passport and altering it in photoshop is easier because obviously you wouldn't want to bring your real passport to a gig, and you can make it black and white like you've photocopied it. That way, it'll look real.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT

This is the key.
███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████
Buy a fake ID, if you're in the UK you can get them for about £20 if you know people.
Quote by filthandfury
Buy a fake ID, if you're in the UK you can get them for about £20 if you know people.

A friend of mine got a £15 one off the internet. O_o

We all assumed he was gonna get cheated, but it worked, because he is now regularly asked to buy beer.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
A friend of mine got a £15 one off the internet. O_o

We all assumed he was gonna get cheated, but it worked, because he is now regularly asked to buy beer.

Really? What kind of ID was it?
There's a trick you can do with an old passport, scalpeling out something or other and the relaminating it. I'm not sure on the details though, as you can see :P
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Well, I'd say just wait a year so that you don't get judicially raped.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

I have a fake ID, £10 and you dont need to "know" anyone.. it's works in pubs in the London area, but not clubs and stuff, they tend to check a lot harder.. im not sure about laws and restrictions in NZ though so i dont know about that but good luck anyway heh
Quote by filthandfury
Really? What kind of ID was it?

I have no idea, sorry.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT