Well its my birthday soon and I've probably got around £80/$160 to spend on a pedal. My dad is going to the USA before my birthday and says he could get me something over there as gear is much cheaper.

Now I don't really have any idea what to get, but I was thinking as it will be my first, an OD would probably be the best thing to go for. I play a lot of Classic rock, blues, hard rock and the occasional metal. I'm currently using a Epiphone G-400 through an Orange Tiny Terror with a Marshall 1936 2x12 cab.

So what do you think I should get?
Gear
Epiphone G-400
Orange Tiny Terror
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Blackstar HT-Dual
MXR 10-Band EQ
Last edited by polaroidvision at Mar 21, 2008,
Quote by polaroidvision
Well its my birthday soon and I've probably got around £80/$160 to spend on a pedal. My dad is going to the USA before my birthday and says he could get me something over there as gear is much cheaper.

Now I don't really have any idea what to get, but I was thinking as it will be my first, an OD would probably be the best thing to go for. I play a lot of Classic rock, blues, hard rock and the occasional metal. I'm currently using a Epiphone G-400 through an Orange Tiny Terror with a Marshall 1936 2x12 cab .

So what do you think I should get?

*fixed

That's a nice setup you've already got there pal. A reverb pedal might be a good addition though, as would an overdrive(for metal), a delay or an EQ.

Do you have anything in mind?
Quote by greggybhoy
*fixed

That's a nice setup you've already got there pal. A reverb pedal might be a good addition though, as would an overdrive(for metal), a delay or an EQ.

Do you have anything in mind?

Thanks, yeah i was thinking of the Boss RV-5, do you know if its any good?

Which OD would you suggest if I were to get one?
Gear
Epiphone G-400
Orange Tiny Terror
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Blackstar HT-Dual
MXR 10-Band EQ
I have a boss OD-3 and its pretty good. It probably wont get you enough distortion alone for metal or hard rock so you'll have to use something with it, like your amps built in distortion.

But the pedal is great for blues and classic rock.
"I wanna see movies of my dreams"
I would go for a MXR 10 Band EQ, or an OCD Fulltone to push the TT that little bit more
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by polaroidvision
Thanks, yeah i was thinking of the Boss RV-5, do you know if its any good?

Which OD would you suggest if I were to get one?

I don't have any experience with the Boss RV-5. I have Holy Grail which is a great pedal.

Overdrive wise, I would say look into the Fulltone OCD, or an Ibanez TS-808.

EDIT: A ProCo Rat is also a good suggestion.

EDIT AGAIN!!: I got a Holy Grail from Dolphin Music in Liverpool for £49 brand new - with power supply included, so if you decide you want one, it will be cheaper from there than in America I think.
Last edited by greggybhoy at Mar 21, 2008,
Ibanez tubescreamer Ts 808 great OD pedal.
I know now what I knew then, but I didn't know then what I know now