Page 1 of 2
Ok, so here's the deal has anyone here had an Injury that has threatend to stop them from playing guitar?
For me about august last year, at Band practise of all places!, we all got really drunk & lit a fire in our drummers backyard, which was all good untill it started to go out & I had the bright idea of throwing some petrol on it anyway the flames traveled up the stream of fuel & onto my fuel soaked hand & to cut a long story short I ended up in hospital with 2nd degree burns where I was told I had a 80% chance of ristricted movement & a 60% chance of extreme ristriced muvment! anyway luckily (I dont know how) I was able to practise again (heavley bandaged) the end of that week!
now I have no ristricted movement & almost no scaring ****ING LUCKY HEY!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
I have something bad in my elbow that no one knows what is..
So basicaly, I can only practice like one third of what I want to
Playing basketball at school I broke a finger that kinda stopped practice for a while. And from playing in goal I hurt my hands/wrists/both a few times but nothing serious nor stupid.
Quote by Alter-Bridge
If I had sex as much as you said the word "shit" I would be paris hilton.

Quote by rworsl
I have never felt closer to either cheese or weasels

Quote by Vermintide

DURN THING DUN GONE MESS UP AGIYAN. MARGE, FETCH ME MAH BOOMSTIYAK
Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
Carpal tunnel syndrome.

I haven't had it, but I fear it ...

You are one of the lucky ones my good sir. I wonder how people like Satch and Paul Gilbert avoid it. Im sure they play heaps more then me. Maybe they sleep with a packet of frozen peas strapped to their hands
I don't really know why, but my hands go numb all of the time. I guess it's poor circulation or something, but they turn white and get cold. Then I have this thing to where the tips of my fingers feel really flimsy and loose, almost like they are disconnected from the rest of my finger... I'm really starting to think this may be bad for me.
Quote by cheese_weasel
Playing basketball at school I broke a finger that kinda stopped practice for a while. And from playing in goal I hurt my hands/wrists/both a few times but nothing serious nor stupid.

I've Broken my thumb,wrist,collar bone & arm!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Eh, fractured a finger once but apparently the fact I play guitar made it more likely to recover 100%.

I was getting a taxi home after a night out yesterday and this bloke had heard of my band so we started talking guitars. He played until he took the tip off two of his left fingers on a bike chain about twenty years ago.
Smashed my fingers trying to break open a coconut while drunk.
Didnt stop playing though. Just played with bloody stump.
Never use coconuts unattended brother.
I didn't play for a few days, then rushed back into practice and got repititive strain injury from practising for so long which then stopped me playing for the next couple of days.
i felt stupid i can tell you.
Quote by Tomaz24
Eh, fractured a finger once but apparently the fact I play guitar made it more likely to recover 100%.
I was getting a taxi home after a night out yesterday and this bloke had heard of my band so we started talking guitars. He played until he took the tip off two of his left fingers on a bike chain about twenty years ago.

I was told this to when i was recovering from my burns!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
fractured multiple knuckles and damaged muscles on my fretting hand.
doctor wasn't sure if it was going to recover to its normal self, so he thought it'd be weaker and be harder to play..but turns out that playing HELPED it get stronger. I was very happy.
sincewhen??

Quote by Mannypedraza
Today, me and my gf went to the movies. During, i put my hand down her shorts.
I keep smelling my hand as of now....anything wrong with me?
teh pronz
Quote by gunners fan
Ok, so here's the deal has anyone here had an Injury that has threatend to stop them from playing guitar?

Yeah, I had a broken leg that told me it would kill me in my sleep and make it look like an accident if I ever so much as picked up my guitar again.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
Yeah, I had a broken leg that told me it would kill me in my sleep and make it look like an accident if I ever so much as picked up my guitar again.

Hahaha!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Cutting the tip of my index finger on my left hand... It's so annoying!
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by gunners fan
Hahaha!

Sweet Vishnu I can't tell if you're happy or angry!

*head explodes*
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by Blackvelvet
You are one of the lucky ones my good sir. I wonder how people like Satch and Paul Gilbert avoid it. Im sure they play heaps more then me. Maybe they sleep with a packet of frozen peas strapped to their hands

They do exercises for it and don't play in bad postures.
In the Petrucci exercises video, the 1st part is about stretching your muscles. He stretches his arms and other parts like if he war about to play tennis .
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Last edited by urik at Mar 21, 2008,
I beat you all.

Lesions on my spinal cord. Not from injury or ms, als etc, just random.

Numbness in hands and feet bigtime, i can forget playing guitar for awhile. Might fully recover, but might not.
I broke my wrist and like 4 other bones in my hand, and the doc told me that I would be lucky to have little if any motion in my fret hand at all...
Scared me so damn bad because it was the first time I’ve ever heard the words you may not be able to play again
I had a little cut on my forefinger. Thought id never play again.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
I broke the thumb that I strum with (yes I strum with my thumb, it's a classical guitar with nylon strings)
that put me out for about a month
i cut the end of my left index finger off, that was back in November and it still hurts to play now(in march)
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
Finally, true communism will ensue.
I think
E-Married to the very beautiful Epic_Cleavage also soon to be married to Epic_Cleavage, aka the beautiful Ms. Joanna Moore
Quote by bob farrell
I had a little cut on my forefinger. Thought id never play again.
Happened to me.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
My borther punched out a guy one time. And he got cuts on his knuckles. And we started playing guitar. and they began to bleed all over. :puke

I fortunately, Have never had an injury to my hands in eight years that prevented me from playing guitar.
The UG churches Tabernacle maintenence guy.

I suvived the Bannecide.
well this week i dislocated my ring and pinky finger causing me to have it in a cast and splint for a few weeks =p and its my left hand and i cant write or play guitar with it now so im pretty much bummed out =p.
I seperated my shoulder a while back, only out for a few weeks

serious necropost bump
I had bruised knuckles and a broken thumb from beating the hell out of my cousin when I was drunk. I don't remember this but I'm told that I left the party and was wandering around the highway and he was getting me out of the road so I tried to kill him or something. I felt like a dick. And I'm never an angry drunk. I guess jack daniels, jag, captain morgan and budweiser is a bad combination...
i've broken a few fingers playing keeper and right now my left index finger is killing me and i don't know what it is. it's all swollen and what not. have to see a doc soon i suppose...
"Your just a monkey in a monkey suit, aww yeah!"-Piebald "Long Nights"
Oy, I developed chronic tendonitis in my left hand from 3-5 hours of practice a day. I didn't have good technique because I'd never had lessons and was overworking my hand.

That was 1.5 years ago, and I haven't played since. No lie.
sometimes i cut my fingernails too short accidentally and that throws me off for a few days
I dread changing strings suz the little motherfuckers fricking STAB my fingers alot, then I can't play for, like, 3 days.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Page 1 of 2