As the title says, i've been working on another track. I'm kinda stuck at the minute, so if anyone could give me some pointers as to what should come next, that would be great. Comments and constructive critisism welcome too. C4C

It's in my profile, should be obvious which track.
It's pretty good, good collection of riffs in there. What do you use for the drums, because they sound pretty damn good?...also which of your gear did you use to record?
Quote by Lukeisonfire
tool and opeth definitly dont play tube amps . You cant get those distorted sounds out of it. tube is for like beatles stuff right?

Quote by evilbeaver22
You're right, just about the only thing better than a Spider 3 is an MG : )

Thanks for the comments. I'm using the default Rock drums from Acoustica Beatcraft. And I'm using my Les Paul on this track because it is tuned a half step down and i didn't want to screw up the spring tension on my Ibanez RG.
I enjoyed this. It sounds really cool. Theres alot of good riffs and your tone is awesome - definate Slayer influence. The drums in the intro sound fantastic. I use a different snare for my beatcraft but the original snare that you use works very well in your stuff. This would sound killer with some vocals. I assume your planning on adding some.

Great stuff. Your other stuff is sweet too.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
Hey man great stuff, had me head banging all the way straight through. The thing that I would do after that thrash slowed down bridge progression would be to pick 4 -6 heavier chords and let them ring out. Have the drums blaring some double bass and let the cymbals match up with each long hit. In between all that find a consistent lead riff that goes in between those power chords. kind of like to Live Is To Die by Metallica at about 4:30

Crit mine if you can

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=817331
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Quote by Donkey Fly
I enjoyed this. It sounds really cool. Theres alot of good riffs and your tone is awesome - definate Slayer influence. The drums in the intro sound fantastic. I use a different snare for my beatcraft but the original snare that you use works very well in your stuff. This would sound killer with some vocals. I assume your planning on adding some.

Great stuff. Your other stuff is sweet too.

Thanks man, yeah i love Slayer. I tried a few different snares including ones from actual songs, but none of them really fit very well. It was a close call between the default one and the one from the intro snare hit off Escape by Metallica. And i'll probably add vocals eventually but i always tend to finish the whole song then do vocals afterwards.

Quote by GoodCharloteSux
Hey man great stuff, had me head banging all the way straight through. The thing that I would do after that thrash slowed down bridge progression would be to pick 4 -6 heavier chords and let them ring out. Have the drums blaring some double bass and let the cymbals match up with each long hit. In between all that find a consistent lead riff that goes in between those power chords. kind of like to Live Is To Die by Metallica at about 4:30

Crit mine if you can

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=817331

Thanks for the crit, i'll check yours out in a minute. Thanks for the suggestion, I think that idea would work well. I'll try out a few things.
Crit as i listen..

Loving the drum intro..
killer harmony riff too love it

The next riff, (at 37secs) kinda sounds like a differnt song.. I think the bit leading into it could be less, stop-start, if you know what I mean.. But when it kicks in with the drums its awesome

The lead thing at 1:57 (the bendy one ) fits really well, cause of the next riff
The riff at 2:07 reminds me of Kill Em All Metallica.. really like it..

As for where you could go next.. hmm.. I definety think you should go back to the riff at 37secs at some point, cause its totally awesome
Maybe go on to a solo, with the 'bendy' riff as backing, then sorta, back to the intro?