Hey people, anyone got either the FX100 or FX600?

Just wondering if anyone knows what postions I should have the dials in to get a good Drop C / B noise out of this pedal using the pitch shifter.

Before you say buy a new pedal / guitar / amp / strings / etc, I don't have the money to at the moment so I'm making do with what I got.
not sure about the pedal mate, but why don't you just tune your axe to drop C or B. It's easier than trying to play while having the amp sound a different pitch than your axe
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Just tune it to drop C.
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
I heard that put a lot of stress on the truss rod, plus I'm not entirely sure how to tune that low, like the reference points... any help?
for drop C, tune the whole guitar down one step, then tune the 6th string down another step, and that's drop C
so it should be
CGCEAD

as long as it's temporary it's not gonna hurt the truss, if it is permanent then yeah the truss should be adjusted
Quote by ValoRhoads
tune the whole guitar down one step, then tune the 6th string down another step

Lol, this is usually when I get confused... I'm crap at alternate tunings.
Quote by ValoRhoads
for drop C, tune the whole guitar down one step, then tune the 6th string down another step, and that's drop C
so it should be
CGCEAD

as long as it's temporary it's not gonna hurt the truss, if it is permanent then yeah the truss should be adjusted

CGCFAD.

I dont know what ****ing drop c you tune to but tis wrong.
Quote by craigspyke
I heard that put a lot of stress on the truss rod, plus I'm not entirely sure how to tune that low, like the reference points... any help?

It wont put more stress on the truss rod, however the lack of tension from the strings being tuned lower could throw it out i guess.

Drop tuning wont hurt it that much, especially if it is short term.

for long term i would suggest heavy gauge strings and perhaps a professional setup.
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Quote by flyingmarlin

Drop tuning wont hurt it that much, especially if it is short term.

for long term i would suggest heavy gauge strings and perhaps a professional setup.

It's just to see how it sounds mainly, try a couple of QOTSA songs and things and then decide whether I want it that low or not.
ok, i'll walk you through it,
tune your fifth string to the 3rd fret of your 6th string, then tune your 6th string down so that its fifth fret matches the 5th string open, then tune everything down so that the opens match the fifth frets of the higher string except the second string, that should be the 4th fret of the 3rd string as per usual
Anywhere there's a recording of Drop C open strings being played so I know I've got it?
if you have a tuner that shows notes you can see it, or you can listen to someone like Killswitch Engage, they use that tuning
Okay it's just there are websites with online tuners, they've just the open strings that you can play and use to tune your guitar up... like www.guitarshredshow.com has a little tuner bit on it.
it sounds like you guys are making this alot more complicated than it really is, does the TS own a tuner??....if your gonna play guitar buy a tuner...very important stuff.....drop c is drop d a whole step down CGCFAD, drop b is drop c a half step down BF#BEAbC#...drop tuning will not damage a truss rod duh!..there will be LESS tension on the neck...and not to slam your gear, but that is a absolutly terrible pedal, and im not even really picky about tones and stuff but i couldnt find a single usable effect in that pedal, behringer stuff is really hit or miss....ive had some stuff i loved and some stuff i hated
take it down with a SteamHammer
Last edited by MetalMafioso at Mar 21, 2008,
Quote by craigspyke
Lol, this is usually when I get confused... I'm crap at alternate tunings.

dude...its not hard at all....it sounds to me like you should do a bit more theory,basic study before you jump into alternate tunings
take it down with a SteamHammer
Quote by craigspyke
Hey people, anyone got either the FX100 or FX600?

Just wondering if anyone knows what postions I should have the dials in to get a good Drop C / B noise out of this pedal using the pitch shifter.

Before you say buy a new pedal / guitar / amp / strings / etc, I don't have the money to at the moment so I'm making do with what I got.

You don't use a pitch shifter for alternate tunings, it'll sound like crap. You won't be able to play full chords or else you'll get those digital stray notes. Get thicker strings, a tuner, and actually downtune your guitar. You might have to make slight truss rod adjustments, but it might feel fine to you. Looks like some have already helped you with the tuning.
Yeah I abandoned trying the pedal, I'll just use it for the other effects it's got. I managed to tune to Drop C about an hour ago, I just got so carried away playing that I didn't tell anyone lol.