So I understand that hot pickup gives more output and more attack.
One thing i've been wondering about is what about the feedback level on those compare to other pickups?
I'm basing this on theory, no experience really.

Hotter pickups probably feedback more easily. However, I'm not sure if that's more dependant on the hottness of a pickup or the specific pickup/type of pickup (as in going microphonic etc.).
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
i don't really think it does, it might be more prone to feedback, but they don't cause more (i don't find at least)
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
there is more feedback with more distortion on hot pickups. i have a gibson 500t pickup in my ibanez and it feeds back some with the distortion cranked up.
my gear: ibanez destroyer( with gibson 500t pickup), epiphone les paul plus,ampeg electric, marshall jcm2000 triple super lead half stack
To be perfectly honest I don't think it's something that any of us possess the capabilities to measure. Something like this would best be tested in a controlled environment with precision measuring equipment where the only measurable change (at all) would be the pickup output. There are too many other factors for us to come to an educated conclusion (such as exact angle and distance from amp, exact amp/guitar volume and/or gain, presence of radio frequencies/florescent lights, etc).
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by hminh87
So I understand that hot pickup gives more output and more attack.
One thing i've been wondering about is what about the feedback level on those compare to other pickups?

It depends on what it is that makes the pickup hot. You can get hotter pickups due to smaller wire, stranger magnets, larger magnets, more widings, taller bibbins... The list goes on and on. Feedback is caused by several things but the main cause is due to the metal parts on the pickup vibrating in sympathy with the sound coming out of your speaker. Wire, mounting sprigs, bassplates, slugs, screws, alnico magnets and most covers are all metal parts and can cause feedback.

What I'm getting at is that it isn't as cut and dry as you might think.
Not taking any online orders.