In a couple of hours, I am driving to this pawn shop that carries a Mesa F50 and a Mesa F30. What would sound better, an F30 with a good extension cabinet or the F50 alone? The prices will be identical.
A friend of mine just bought the F-50 new. It has ext. speaker outputs as well. I have to say the damn thing sounds killer without an ext. cab. So I would think with a 412 cab. it would hold its own for sure. But you'll just have to see what you like.
OK, but I heard the EL84's have less low-end than a 6l6, so a 212 extension cab would help for the F30, right?
The F-50 sounds better than the F-30, but that's just what I think. I've asked this a few times and you don't seem to reply, do you even need an extension cab? I think you're underestimating how loud tube amps are. Either of those amps on their own should be more than enough for whatever you might be doing at the time.
Quote by Guitarmiester
The F-50 sounds better than the F-30, but that's just what I think. I've asked this a few times and you don't seem to reply, do you even need an extension cab? I think you're underestimating how loud tube amps are. Either of those amps on their own should be more than enough for whatever you might be doing at the time.

The only reason I want an extension cab is because I wan to add low end to the F-30. I heard the F-50 has a bit more low-end, so the cab will make up for that.
Quote by neon10th
OK, but I heard the EL84's have less low-end than a 6l6, so a 212 extension cab would help for the F30, right?

No, EL84's have less low end than EL34's.

Quote by neon10th
The only reason I want an extension cab is because I wan to add low end to the F-30. I heard the F-50 has a bit more low-end, so the cab will make up for that.

Don't even worry about an extension cab until you've actually played both amps. You might like the way the F-30 sounds and find that it doesn't lack low end.
yea, just play both then decide.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals