Hi i'm writting a homework about hardcore and what music styles was effected by the american hardcore? Skatepunk (also called as poppunk) ,..what more ?

And i've heard that hardcore bands didn't take drugs or drink .... oO ... is that really true ?
Last edited by Blomman at Mar 21, 2008,
Straight edge wasnt really all that big. Only a few bands were into it. For the most part they all got smashed. Just rent american hardcore.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I keep a plunger in my bathroom...my insperation usually clogs the toilet.
Quote by drenvital
Straight edge wasnt really all that big. Only a few bands were into it. For the most part they all got smashed. Just rent american hardcore.

Thanks... I will check it out
skate punk is not called pop-punk
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
What did American hardcore affect?

Skate punk, pop punk, thrash, black metal (that whole DYI thing...record what you can play in your basement and scream over the top of it...), death metal (hardcore > Slayer > DM), rap.

You could take that even further by extending the influence that each genre has had in other forms of music (eg. thrash > 90s Metallica > Nickelback). But that might upset someone if you dont write it properly ("lol Nickeback iz hardcore..." i'd punch you for that and its my idea).
Quote by Blomman
Hi i'm writting a homework about hardcore and what music styles was effected by the american hardcore? Skatepunk (also called as poppunk) ,..what more ?

And i've heard that hardcore bands didn't take drugs or drink .... oO ... is that really true ?

Sorry for double-post, but why are you doing your homework on hardcore if you dont know anything about it? Im not trying to flame you, just wondering.
Just about every genre of punk played after 1982 or so has been affected by hardcore. Just about every genre of metal played after the same date has been affected by hardcore.
Quote by to_the_grave
Sorry for double-post, but why are you doing your homework on hardcore if you dont know anything about it? Im not trying to flame you, just wondering.
Learning things about new stuff... I've watched American Hardcore now and i got a good picture of it
Quote by SealCubMassacre
Man it's "affected". You probably don't care and I'm not flaming but seeing "effected" really confused me.

I was gonna point that out, but I figured someone else would do it.
And you can't spell funeral
without fun
hope you had a good time
cuz now your life is done
Quote by to_the_grave
What did American hardcore affect?

Skate punk, pop punk, thrash, black metal (that whole DYI thing...record what you can play in your basement and scream over the top of it...), death metal (hardcore > Slayer > DM), rap.

You could take that even further by extending the influence that each genre has had in other forms of music (eg. thrash > 90s Metallica > Nickelback). But that might upset someone if you dont write it properly ("lol Nickeback iz hardcore..." i'd punch you for that and its my idea).

All punk, grindcore, crust, power violence, metalcore and some elements and influences can be found in most metal today.

Don't call it 'american hardcore', it's hardcore punk. Whilst predominately Yank, it did show up around Europe.
Hardcore pretty much influenced most music thats around today..
Ibanez SZ720FM
Ibanez GSZ120
VOX AD50VT
BOSS DF-2 Super Distortion & Feedbacker
punk rock and hardcore really did influence every single other genre of rock that came after them.

hardcore spawned tough guy with spawned metalcore which spawned deathcore.
it also played a part in creating crossover thrash, melodic hardcore, grunge, ska-core, emo, screamo, post-hardcore, etc.
Yeah butthe question asked specifically about American hardcore. Which does sound a little different to the European bands...even within "american" hardcore, NYHC sounds different to Minor Threat and Black Flag.
Quote by to_the_grave
Yeah butthe question asked specifically about American hardcore. Which does sound a little different to the European bands...even within "american" hardcore, NYHC sounds different to Minor Threat and Black Flag.

Annnnnnnnnnnnndddddddddddddd?

I corrected him on the name of a genre, showing that it didn't just happen in America. I'm broadening his horizons.