Sooo on my acoustic, i dont like bronze strings, i cant bend and its not as comfortable to play. So i thought about putting steel (or nickel) electric guitar strings on it. I know this can be done but what will be the difference in tone?

Cheers
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
You'll lose a lot of bass, and the tone would be twangy, and very trebly. Normal electric guitar strings are about 3 or 4 sizes smaller than normal acoustic strings. You would have to do quite a bit of setup work to get the guitar adjusted to accomidate those lighter strings. The main problem comes in the form of string tension. There just isn't enough tension afforded by electric strings to drive the soundtop of an acoustic. It would sound weak.
Bends are undoubtedly harder on an acoustic. Build up your hand strength and keep practicing, they'll come.
You'll lose a lot of bass, and the tone would be twangy, and very trebly. Normal electric guitar strings are about 3 or 4 sizes smaller than normal acoustic strings. You would have to do quite a bit of setup work to get the guitar adjusted to accomidate those lighter strings. The main problem comes in the form of string tension. There just isn't enough tension afforded by electric strings to drive the soundtop of an acoustic. It would sound weak.
Bends are undoubtedly harder on an acoustic. Build up your hand strength and keep practicing, they'll come.

Good answer.
Quote by stratele
Sooo on my acoustic, i dont like bronze strings, i cant bend and its not as comfortable to play. So i thought about putting steel (or nickel) electric guitar strings on it. I know this can be done but what will be the difference in tone?

Cheers

What gauge strings are you using ?