search barred... nothing. Ok so i listen to a lot of metal Thrash/black/death/power/speed/NWOBHM/classic/blackened death/symphonic black metal. you get the idea. But what is Doom Metal?? What are some examples, i might have heard them.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Standard examples would be My Dying Bride, early Paradise Lost and Black Sabbath's self-titled.

I'm not an expert and there's a lot of different sub-sub-genres to it but those are some basics.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Ever listen to Electric Wizard? Thats some grim ****.

Heres one for you.

1. Drop some Cid.
2. Put Alice in Wonderland in your DVD player.
3. Put Electric Wizard's epic achievement "Funeralopolis" in your stereo.
4. Wait for cid to start to kick in.
5. Hit play and mute on your DVD player.
6. Hit play on your stereo.
7. Enjoy the ride.
Sabbath! Yeah thats Doom Metal, lots of tritones and very dark sounding melodies, HIM Venus Doom is kinda in that vien if a round about not quite kinda way
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
check out cult of luna an pale horse...generally slow dirgy bellowed vocals detuned instruments, if your at a doom metal gig, everyone'll be standing there very slowly headbanging and smoking weed in my experience anyway.....CULT OF LUNA KICK A$$!!!!!
Quote by duncang
Standard examples would be My Dying Bride, early Paradise Lost and Black Sabbath's self-titled.

I'm not an expert and there's a lot of different sub-sub-genres to it but those are some basics.

sabbaths self titled???? i ****in love that album, in fact its probably my favorite metal album. I didnt know it was doom metal.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Get "Day of Reckoning" by Pentagram

Not a huge fan of doom though so that´s all i can recommend

When I came near losing my own life
It made me learn the true meaning of a smile
Doom metal is much darker and slower paced than other metal subgenres. The bands are described as very 'heavy'. Good examples are Electric Wizard, Candlemass, and Black Sabbath.
Electric Wizard ftw!
I want to go as far to the edge without going over. Out on the edge, you can see all kinds of different things.