Have any of you guys ever heard of a Black 5? Made around 1970 (Last year of man.) or so from what little I can gather from the net. Bought it on Ebay last year ;wasn't working. Had it repaired. Bad preamp tube socket and tube. Some resoldering done. It had Sovtek's in it and it sounded really good. Well I retubed it recently with GE 6l6GB Black plates and Sylvania 12AX7 Air Force mil. spec. Black plates and an Sylvania 12AT7 Black plate (trem. driver). All tubes are NOS from the mid fifties. The articulation, transparency and overall sound is MUCH improved however, now I can hear a low level hissing, crackling kind of noise and a slight hum. With all that being said , are the new tubes revealing pre-existing cap. issues that the crappy Russian tubes just masked? Thanks for any help you guys can give me.
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.

but seriously I have not a clue what that is........Sounds interesting though do you haev pics?
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Recommended threads
Single Coil
triviumrules12
Last post:
by triviumrules12
traben
noxios
Last post:
by noxios