Page 1 of 2
hey guys,,, im planning to buy a new gibson,,,,what do you htink is the best for me,,,,,, i play metallica,,,, GnR,,,,, punk,,,,, slash stuffs,,,,,,,,,, blues,,,, metal,,,,,, the highest price i can afford is 2500 dollars.... peace
is there a specific reason you want a gibson or do you just want the name?
les paul standard or classic
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American Strat
Taylor 214ce
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier (about to be Voodoo Modded)
Keeley TS-808
Boss GT-10 Processor
Boss RC-20xl
i'd say go for the classic. the pickups have a bit more bite than those in the standard. both will sound great, but you won't get as good of a metal tone from a standard.
my gear:
gibson les paul classic
epiphoen les paul standard
fender standard fat strat
peavey valveking 112
boss me-50
crybaby original wah
Quote by sadistic_monkey
By the sounds of things, you have no clue what you want at all and only want a Gibson because Slash has one.

I believe you have deduced his reason, sadistic_monkey. You are an intelligent person.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
its not because of slash iwant a gibson..,,,,, i have an ibanez,,,,now i want a gibson so i can drop tune without prob,,,,, and i like the style of gibson les paul,,,,,,,,,,LES PAULS::::
i'm guessing your ibanez has a double-locking trem? because a gibson won't drop-tune any better than most guitars out there... are you just sick of messing with the trem?
EDIT: never mind, i checked out your guitar... it'll handle drop tunings just as well as any gibson will.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
You can drop tune any guitar... Besides, there are better guitars for less (Schecter c-1 classic is 850, same wood and neck thru, not to mention better pups). Schecter FTW.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I wanted something quite similair and went with the Gibson Les Paul Standard faded. Havent regretted that.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
^!
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
dude, are you fucking 10? learn how to use a fucking keyboard.
also, gibsons rule. but you might wanna stick to that ibanez. i have a feeling you'll quit playing in a few months.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
come on guys, lets take it easy on the kid. if he thinks he deserves a gibson and mommmy and daddy want to pay for it why not? i mean after all, the les pauls are uber cool, cuz slash plays them

*sarcasm meter explodes*
An Epiphone Les Paul Standard + a valve amplifier would be your best bet, TS. A Gibson would get you the right look, until all eyes fall on your Vox DA-5. If you can find a Marshall DSL, that'd match your Slash aspirations close enough.
here's some suggestions:

prs

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/PRS-Guitars-Custom-22-Electric-Guitar-with-Moon-Inlays?sku=519905

and the prs mira this guitar looks awesome it comes with the coil tap and everything i read a great review about it in guitar world

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/PRS-Guitars-Mira-Electric-Guitar-With-Bird-Inlays-And-Wide-Thin-Neck?sku=516084
song stuck in my head today

what da f#(k?????
1.)its not because slash that i want a gibson ok....
2.)im not tired om my ibanez( even though its pain on the ass) i just want a guitar to drop tune very easy....
3.) well,,,,,, i usemy own money,,,,to buy those things,,, because i just win a lottery 20 000 kr.!!!ok ,,,,
Quote by P-Bass Pirate
i'm guessing your ibanez has a double-locking trem? because a gibson won't drop-tune any better than most guitars out there... are you just sick of messing with the trem?
EDIT: never mind, i checked out your guitar... it'll handle drop tunings just as well as any gibson will.

yes i know that,,, but i want a guitar to drop tune on a very fast time,,,,,, hope you everybody understand that
what countrya re you from exactly. And get the les paul classic or les paul custom if u can spare the money
Gear
Fender MIA Stratocaster (Sunburst)
Vox AC4TV
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yahama FG730S
don't give Gibson more money! They are suing the makers of guitar hero!
My Gear...
Guitars:
- Ibanez RG350EX
- Cort Acoustic
Amps:
- Randall RG75
Effects:
-Boss ME-50 Multi Effects

Quote by Ajax413
Pfft... I know a guy who didn't even masturbate until he was 18... now that's a late bloomer.
denmark,,,its not really expensive here in denmark,,,,, well cars here cost 10 times more price than there in U.S.A. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Edit: Get an Epiphone elitist. As nice as a gibson but a helluva lot cheaper.
denmark,,,its not really expensive here in denmark,,,,, well cars here cost 10 times more price than there in U.S.A. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/gibsongow id get one of theese, they sound great and i gaurentee will become MAD-collectable
Gear:
Aria lawsuit V
epiphone E-310 strat copy
peavey vypyr 15
boss blues driver II
Kramer striker 100st (invader pickup)
Randall RG50tc

EHX Metal Muff
Quote by blaziken_xcv143
what da f#(k?????
2.)im not tired om my ibanez( even though its pain on the ass) i just want a guitar to drop tune very easy....
3.) well,,,,,, i usemy own money,,,,to buy those things,,, because i just win a lottery 20 000 kr.!!!ok ,,,,

Just saying... Les Pauls have a shorter scale length than your ibanez. This means that you would have to use thicker strings to aceive a decent down tuned sound. I have a les paul and love it but I never really down tune at all.
Quote by metalface211
don't give Gibson more money! They are suing the makers of guitar hero!

oh yeah lets care more about game makers than guitar makers.

erm?
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
Quote by blaziken_xcv143
i just buyed a new 30 watt marshall,,,,,

It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
Quote by blaziken_xcv143
hey guys,,, im planning to buy a new gibson,,,,what do you htink is the best for me,,,,,, i play metallica,,,, GnR,,,,, punk,,,,, slash stuffs,,,,,,,,,, blues,,,, metal,,,,,, the highest price i can afford is 2500 dollars.... peace

He's no kid, he's 17 years old. Only reason he types like **** is because he's from Scandinavia. Most people here can barely write in their native language, so cut him some slack
Quote by blaziken_xcv143
what da f#(k?????

by the way you type, it sounds like your not old enough to buy a lottery ticket.

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Page 1 of 2