im looking into getting a tube amp. im after warm clean tones, and im told i cant go wrong with a tube amp. i dont have a lot of money to spend on one, and i dont want to trade my spider III until im sure ill be satisfied. hows the epi valve jr? im just looking to get my foot in the door, is this a good starting point? keep in mind, ill just be using this amp at home for now. so, no need for hi wattage.

thanks
If clean tones are all you want, then the VJ would probably be a good idea.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
The valve junior's really nice, but I'm sure there's going to be a point where you'd also like to have some gain involved. I'm unsure of how much money you've got, but a lot of Fender tube amps, the Mesa/Boogie Lonestar, and (from what I've heard) Crate Palomino amps are well-suited for what you'd like.

I'm not saying the valve junior's a bad idea, but it's more of an amp to pick up for fun of you already have an amp with more options to tinker with
VJ is great
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
VJs a good choice, very sexy amp, pick up a cheap OD and you're good to go. Plus its only a cheap rig so if you decide your after something totally different its not a huge loss.
thanks guys, thats kinda what i was thinking...add pedals later...
plus ive been reading about the vj, there are tons of mods and upgrades to this thing. ive found hundreds of schematics and parts lists, etc. i love tinkering and modding, so, this might be a good buy.

i looked at the palomino, and i do like it, just out of my range right now. once im more familiar with the tube scene, and want to get an amp ready for the stage, ill look into it.
I think the Palomino V16 is selling for something like $280 at Guitar Center right now, not much more than a VJ. I really think a 15W amp is the better way to go, especially the Palomino which offers great cleans and solid pre-amp gain at low volumes. An amp that size will give you enough power to jam or even for small gigs, while you'll need to upgrade again from a 5W amp for that sort of thing. Better to get it now, I'd think.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by chagmaier
thanks guys, thats kinda what i was thinking...add pedals later...
plus ive been reading about the vj, there are tons of mods and upgrades to this thing. ive found hundreds of schematics and parts lists, etc. i love tinkering and modding, so, this might be a good buy.

i looked at the palomino, and i do like it, just out of my range right now. once im more familiar with the tube scene, and want to get an amp ready for the stage, ill look into it.

palomino v8 is only 160 at GC till the end of march or something. If your lucky maybe you can still find one, i got the last one at one of the GCs near me
GEAR
Ibanez GAX-70
Palomino v8
Crybaby 535q
Bad Monkey

Palomino