Hello everyone, I'm a huge 60's psychedelic fan. I love Hendrix and I really mean love. But I'm stuck with a stupid Delta 60w wierd amp and I hate the sound of it. I want a tube amp about the same size and power so I tought a Blues Junior would do the job. I'm ready to spend about around 500$ and I'm looking for a Hendrix and other 60's bands that doesnt use a lot of overdrive. So can anyone of you tell me if there are other alternatives and which amp would be more kickass? thx Gabou
Peavey classic 30 pwns it imo.

Tho i really liked the special endition tweed blues junior. not as boring sounding. But I would still pick the classic 30 over it. and you can find them for $300 and then with the other 200 buy what ever effects etc. you need.
The Blues Jr's a great amp, if you want cleans, if you're wanting some OD too then you could get an OD pedal or a different amp.
The Blues Jr has gorgeous cleans, but no proper OD channel, and other amps do.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
The Blues Jr's a great amp, if you want cleans, if you're wanting some OD too then you could get an OD pedal or a different amp.
The Blues Jr has gorgeous cleans, but no proper OD channel, and other amps do.

+1
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
Hey do you guys think the Vox AC15 would suit me. Because I've been worried about the lack of overdrive of the Fender. Is it that bad? Can I play "heavily" distorted Cream, Zeppelin or Jimi?
Quote by Gabou1
Hey do you guys think the Vox AC15 would suit me. Because I've been worried about the lack of overdrive of the Fender. Is it that bad? Can I play "heavily" distorted Cream, Zeppelin or Jimi?

With an overdrive, most likely.

Crate Palomino series isn't made as well, but is almost as toneful and had more gain on tap. Cheaper, too.
the Blues Junior is great, and I play a lot of the same music as you, TS. Get a good overdrive pedal if you want. you could just crank the amp and turn the volume of the guitar down when you want to get clean.
Well if you get the Vox you'll be doing the same as the Blues jr, just using an OD pedal with it as it'll only OD a lot at really high volumes.
Don't be afraid to care"

*Shameless plug that I'm selling a germanium fuzz face clone*
Don't be afraid to care"

BJ will do all you need it to. Especially if you switch out the speaker and stack a fuzz face on top of it.

The Roger Mayer Classic for sale above me does a nice job, as will the Roger Mayer Axis or any of the Hartman Vintage Fuzzes.

(Oh and i'm selling a fuzz face clone too if you're in the US)
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
Last edited by SRVStrat808 at Mar 22, 2008,
Quote by R_H_C_P
Well if you get the Vox you'll be doing the same as the Blues jr, just using an OD pedal with it as it'll only OD a lot at really high volumes.

not really if you bring the volume all the way up and roll back on the MV
the point is that it sounds a hell of alot bettor than the blues junior and in my opinion a its a bettor amp than the classic couse its a lower wattage and also its alot easier to use

the peavey classic isnt a rubix cube but it takes getting used to
I went to a music store and tried the Vox and the Fender side to side. I first plugged into the Fender and gosh it sounded great. Then I tried the Vox and it gave a whole new meaning to the name junior... Great god that amp is sweet! I loved the tremolo and the nice crunch it has when you crank it up, sounds like zeppelin. Do you think that with a Dallas arbiter fuzz face it would sound Hendrix like? If not what would?