I installed a killswitch on my Strat copy a while ago, so i know what a killswitch is and does. I was wondering though if there is an effects pedal that could do the same thing, for example rapidly cutting the volume with adjustable intervals between signals, that kinda thing. Basically an adjustable killswitch pedal.

Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

Bored? read these, or this
you could use a volume pedal. My Little alligator has an adjustable lowest volume that can be all the way down, all you have to do is rock it back really quick.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Maybe a switchable volume pedal, or an A/B switch with nothing on the B channel, to cut your signal completely.

Actually, any pedal with a volume control would work. Just turn all the knobs to zero, and the level to very low.
so like, a volume pedal with a killswitch?

im not really sure what you mean.
Guitar:
Ibanez S-Series 7 String
Pedals/other:
Morley Power Wah Volume
Gemini Dual Channel EQ
Boss TU-2
Amp:
Peavey 5150 120 watt combo (considering sale)
You could make a pedal with a momentary switch (aka killswitch) in it. This would give you the sound you want, but you would have constantly move your foot just as you do with your right hand on a guitar's killswitch.
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
Alright, so basically there is no pedal currently in existence that does exactly what I was looking for. A volume pedal wouldn't really do it for me at all, nor would a home-made killswitch pedal, although i have to give you credit for a cool idea, alienboy. I was thinking it would be like a phaser pedal, with knobs you can dial in settings with, but instead of phasing it kills the signal. Repeatedly.

he wants a pedal that will adjust the level from max to zero periodically, therefore making a certain on off rhythm. Like what Tom Morello does manually with his killswitch. He wants a pedal to do that for him.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
Exactly, thank you Walter.

ohh. but why would you want that?
it seems silly to me
Guitar:
Ibanez S-Series 7 String
Pedals/other:
Morley Power Wah Volume
Gemini Dual Channel EQ
Boss TU-2
Amp:
Peavey 5150 120 watt combo (considering sale)
Hmm thats odd if there isnt one you'd think there would be...

Emotion = true music

Gear

Vantage 718dt-1
Epi Special II
Crate V Series 212 18w
Fuzz Factory
MXR Phase 90
So make one and market it

Have it so you can set variable signal kill intervals in ms or seconds like a delay pedal. Sounds like a decent idea.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Pick up any old pedal turn the volume down to 0 and away you go.

However i doubt you could press it fast enough to do anything interesting with...
I would make one, but I don't have the slightest idea how i would do that short of hot-rodding a delay pedal. And I have neither a delay pedal nor hot-rodding skills. I guess I could just make a killswitch pedal that is mechanically activated by a motor every time the motor turns. That would be cool.

A tremolo pedal. The red button that Bucket head uses.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Quote by mesopatamius
Alright, so basically there is no pedal currently in existence that does exactly what I was looking for. A volume pedal wouldn't really do it for me at all, nor would a home-made killswitch pedal, although i have to give you credit for a cool idea, alienboy. I was thinking it would be like a phaser pedal, with knobs you can dial in settings with, but instead of phasing it kills the signal. Repeatedly.

Sounds like what you want is a slicer effect or a tremolo with the depth at 100%.
Got on the bus with me daysavaaaa
+1 on a tremelo pedal, like a Boss Tremelo. Also an MXR Phase 90 gives off a similar effect to a tremelo when set to max speed.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by SupremeACL
A tremolo pedal. The red button that Bucket head uses.

OH!...you mean a Killswitch? thanks