So I have a SS amp, and when it is turned on, and nothing is in the input, there is no problem, it is totally quite, when i plug a cable in, ( i have tried different cables and guitars) there is a low hum that the amp makes. I also tried plugging it into different outlets and it doesnt seem to make a difference, the hum is still there. Does this sound like a problem with the input on the amp, or something else, and how would I go about fixing this? Thanks for the help in advance.
Amps hum man, if it's not a loud crackling hum it's pretty but a low hum that can't be heard over the playing, it's totaly normal.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
I have a line 6 spider III. when the volumes about just over half way on high distortion, i riff and it sounds perfectly fine, bt when i block the strings to go quiet. there is an extremely loud high pitched buzz which is really really annoying.. Is it a problem with my amp????
Quote by ValoRhoads
Amps hum man, if it's not a loud crackling hum it's pretty but a low hum that can't be heard over the playing, it's totaly normal.

Yeah I know, I just thought it was kind of weird that there is no hum when a cable isnt plugged in, but once i plug something in, the hum starts, and its a littler louder then a normal hum should be, if that make any sense.
Possibly a bit of loose solder or similar around the input jack, or else the amp isn't properly grounded. Best to pull the chassis and have a quick poke around the input to see if anything looks wobbly. As always, take care when working with amps - try and keep one hand in your pocket, and stay away from the caps.

If you're unsure, or suspect it's a grounding problem, you might want to take it to a tech.