Page 1 of 2
Will they shut down the factories too? And who is it a message too? Mother earth?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Sounds pretty stupid to me. I will not be participating.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
Quote by Kensai
Will they shut down the factories too? And who is it a message too? Mother earth?

Exactly

See, what all you fuckers don't realise is that the moment you turn everything OFF..im turning every single electrical appliance i own ON

Im in your power stationz, stealin your wattz
Sure, I'll do it. Not that hard to turn off lights.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by *Juno*
It is when you dont have any arms

Use your face.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by *Juno*
Exactly

See, what all you fuckers don't realise is that the moment you turn everything OFF..im turning every single electrical appliance i own ON

same hyah bro
Quote by WickedBeast666
Noooooooooooo how could this be! he at all the chocolate in the box
Oh well, now the empty shell of what used to be chocolaty goodness can contain a tasty guitar circuit.

speaking of my homemade pedal
I'll turn out the lights, but how will I see? I suppose if I just light a gasoline doused bonfire with a spray can and a lighter...
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
Quote by *Juno*
Oh god....i've formed an association with a complete moron

why moron?
because instead of "here" I instead said "hyah"?

that saddens me deeply
Quote by WickedBeast666
Noooooooooooo how could this be! he at all the chocolate in the box
Oh well, now the empty shell of what used to be chocolaty goodness can contain a tasty guitar circuit.

speaking of my homemade pedal
I don't see the point in trying to look badass by rebelling against something that could make us better off/more aware.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Earth hour? What happened to earth day?
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
How is this going to be good? Surely it'll be a bad thing when, at the end of this hour of pointless darkness, everyone turns their lights on at the same time.
Quote by MightyAl
How is this going to be good? Surely it'll be a bad thing when, at the end of this hour of pointless darkness, everyone turns their lights on at the same time.

Sure they may all turn them back on at the same time but thats still not as bad as leaving them on for that entire hour...

I think Ill do it if I remember.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by *Juno*
Exactly

See its PRICKS like you that really ****in annoy me.

i dont believe in all this global warming **** but you really dont help the earth when you turn every ****in thing you own on.

stupid dick

i will also do it if i remember.
Quote by SweetBabyJames1

i dont believe in all this global warming **** but you really dont help the earth when you turn every ****in thing you own on.

stupid dick

For the first time in UG history...

I agree with you.
Quote by SteveHouse
That also happens to be my birthday.

I demand presents .
Last edited by haven222 at Mar 21, 2008,
Quote by floppypick
Sure they may all turn them back on at the same time but thats still not as bad as leaving them on for that entire hour...

I think Ill do it if I remember.

First off, the amount of power that will save is totally insignificant. Secondly, I'm more concerned about what happens to the grid when large numbers of people start putting their lights back on, because this will lead to a sudden massive spike in power use, since putting the lights back on uses a relatively large amount of power.
Quote by haven222

I demand presents .

There you go. You'll be able to see your cake, while saving the planet!
Quote by haven222

I demand presents .

as long as your folks dont get you a lamp you will be fine
Quote by haven222

I demand presents .

I'll mail you an energy saving lightbulb
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by MightyAl
First off, the amount of power that will save is totally insignificant. Secondly, I'm more concerned about what happens to the grid when large numbers of people start putting their lights back on, because this will lead to a sudden massive spike in power use, since putting the lights back on uses a relatively large amount of power.

yeah, really. Plus, it's not like climate change needs to be advertised anymore. Everyone that has access to a TV, internet, magazine, newspaper, etc. has heard about it. those that don't believe it won't until they actually see the effects take place. It's time that we take real action for it. Turning off your lights is a nice idea, but it won't really accomplish anything. I'm not going to turn off my lights, because i'll need them if I want to be able to see anything.
Quote by Spamwise
yeah, really. Plus, it's not like climate change needs to be advertised anymore. Everyone that has access to a TV, internet, magazine, newspaper, etc. has heard about it. those that don't believe it won't until they actually see the effects take place. It's time that we take real action for it. Turning off your lights is a nice idea, but it won't really accomplish anything. I'm not going to turn off my lights, because i'll need them if I want to be able to see anything.

As i said i dont believe in global warming but i will do it.

just incase.

i dont see the big fuss about global warming.

every thousands of years the poles switch that is what is happening right now. not global warming.

also the sun is getting bigger therefore closer so that is why temperatures keep rising not global warming.

but I'm up for anything that COULD help OUR planet.
Quote by SweetBabyJames1
As i said i dont believe in global warming but i will do it.

just incase.

i dont see the big fuss about global warming.

every thousands of years the poles switch that is what is happening right now. not global warming.

also the sun is getting bigger therefore closer so that is why temperatures keep rising not global warming.

but I'm up for anything that COULD help OUR planet.

The poles switch every few thousands of years, but htat has nothing to do with the build up of excess greenhouse gasses.

I'd like to see proof that the sun is getting bigger.
they dubbed that one lady in the video as an actor...isn't she an actress?

I don't think its widely known enough to actually do anything for our planet, but I'll give it a shot anyway
███████████████
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams.
████████████
Quote by SweetBabyJames1

stupid dick

1) Why don't you believe it's happening? The majority of scientists do, and they also believe it's man-made.

2) Why will you do it if you don't "believe" in it? Would you pray even if you don't believe in god?

edit: Guess you answered a few posts up. You should really check up on it though...
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by SweetBabyJames1

stupid dick

haha

I love trolling.

Sarcasm clearly isnt a well understood concept for you. And Global warming does exist.So does global dimming.

Thank God this retard is finally banned.
Look on Google's homepage
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Uh...

Dependant on the location, if tons and tons of people did this...

Couldn't something be caused by them all turning the power back on at once?

I'm not participating. I'm really not certain that just an hour would do much.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
It started in australia last yr, but i didnt do it. And now all these cities have caught on. i think i might do it
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
I'm not sitting in my house in pitch black. I only use one light at a time anyway.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
How can you set aside an hour for the planet? Surely we're each just having our own "earth life"?

What a stupid stupid idea. How stupid are people? Very stupid.
Doing to a party. Doing it there.
███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████
Page 1 of 2