Okay, so I'm new to guitar, and I'm just wondering as to what I should try learning to get better. I've tried tabs, but a lot of the music I like is really fast and advanced. Please help!

EDIT: Preferably something I can do using the Internet.
Last edited by CloudStrifeThe1 at Mar 21, 2008,
Playing guitar isn't about being fast. Listen to more versatile music. don't be close minded.
The UG churches Tabernacle maintenence guy.

I suvived the Bannecide.
Quote by CloudStrifeThe1
Okay, so I'm new to guitar, and I'm just wondering as to what I should try learning to get better. I've tried tabs, but a lot of the music I like is really fast and advanced. Please help!

This thread is so doomed

JEDIT:

Quote by reaume140
Remember:
e------
B------
G------
D------
A----7-
E--5---
can be played:
e------
B------
G------
D---2--
A-0----
E-------

haha

fucking winner!

This thread is full of lulz
if possible, get a teacher!

don't go learning as many licks from your favorite songs as possible, it doesn't pay off. just learning the spider riff to MoP and the intro to smoke on the water and random crap like that does more harm IMO.

learn songs that push you technically, you don't have to love them like your favorite bands. believe me, you're not gonna learn your favorite bands from the start considering they've been playing decades longer than you. we all started out with green day, nirvana, etc.

actually practice. don't just dick around. look into music theory, make some exercises of stuff you find hard and practice them until you get better. play with a metronome.

that's about all i can think of right now. good luck with guitar and enjoy it.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥