Alright, simple question-

Will an Orange Crush 30R be louder than my Marshall MG30DFX?
Quote by philjay
^^I never ceases to amaze my guitar playing friends. It's all fun in games till I bring out the MIGHTY TOASTER

(Discussion about the Orange Tiny Terror)
Last edited by soupdragon at Mar 22, 2008,
maybe, but don't buy it if you are considering, save up for something better. This is from an owner.
Quote by kyle62
Not especially, a 5W Valve Junior would outclass either. And anyway it's not exactly a step up, is it?

win. i would still take the orange over the MG anyway though.
Quote by beckyjc
Why yes, two 30 watt solid states with equally as **** 10" speakers would obviously have a gigantic volume difference.

/bad mood sarcasm

The Crush is a ripoff; you pay MORE for it than an MG and it does less. If it said Marshall, you people would be ripping them like the MG.
I think it is becouse orange rates there watts at rms clean and most companys rate the watts at rms distortion. But I don't know ow marshall rates theres so I wouldn't know for sure.
Quote by 80sShred4TheWin
I think it is becouse orange rates there watts at rms clean and most companys rate the watts at rms distortion. But I don't know ow marshall rates theres so I wouldn't know for sure.

Good point, but I think in the case of these amps they slap on whatever rating they feel like. I bet they just take the the one copied off their rivals' amps, which are probably built in the same eastern factory, with the same parts and the same circuit.
Quote by beckyjc
Why yes, two 30 watt solid states with equally as **** 10" speakers would obviously have a gigantic volume difference.

/bad mood sarcasm

Yeah I just asked cos I read sumwhere that orange rate their amps differently.
I would look for something better but I really want an orange and i can't afford a better one than the crush 30.

Any thoughts on Hughes and Kettner Edition Blue 60DFX, cos that's the other option.
Quote by philjay
^^I never ceases to amaze my guitar playing friends. It's all fun in games till I bring out the MIGHTY TOASTER

Quote by Horlicks

Yeah we're not talking 10 watts here, i asked about the 30 watt ones
Quote by philjay

Quote by soupdragon
Yeah I just asked cos I read sumwhere that orange rate their amps differently.
I would look for something better but I really want an orange and i can't afford a better one than the crush 30.

Any thoughts on Hughes and Kettner Edition Blue 60DFX, cos that's the other option.

but a crush 30 isn't an orange in anything other than appearance.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
They should both be set to zero and tucked quietly away in a dumpster somewhere. Louder and MG in the same sentence.......
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD