Page 4 of 6
Quote by dminishedthingy
if it'll make you guys feel better, i'll go buy another copy of embodiement

It has pretty awesome art in the booklet and on the CD case.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Quote by dminishedthingy
i already have it, but since i dowloaded apollo ends i'll go buy another to make up for it

I wouldn't do that... Sure, the money would be nice for them, but unless you give it to someone else it seems a bit pointless..
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
He's greedy, is what he is...
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Quote by dminishedthingy
yeah, he's got enough of my money from agalloch records
^^

We were just discussing how terrible it would be if people who had that album uploaded it to Megaupload and how much we wouldn't love them for that and PMing us the link.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia

Do you folks like folk?
Quote by dminishedthingy
why?

Because then we would get to listen to an amazing rare album, and everyone knows that would be terrible as we should all shell out $100+ dollars for it.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia

Do you folks like folk?
well, you could do what i did for Ikuinen Kaamos's new songs, i just recorded them on my mp3 player from my computer
But there are only 3 and someone who posts here has access to more and should share.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia

Do you folks like folk?
Quote by BringMeTheCalm
But there are only 3 and someone who posts here has access to more and should share.

this
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Thank you for doing such a kindness to Sculptured.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia

Do you folks like folk?
Some unscrupulous hooligan seems to have been playing a cruel practical joke on me and put Sculptured songs in my inbox. The nerve of him.

Thanks a bunch, dude
Quote by Mike Birbiglia

Do you folks like folk?
Quote by dminishedthingy
for what?

For quoting nothing..?
Quote by Mike Birbiglia

Do you folks like folk?

I chortled heartily reading through that.

Never heard of this band but I liked the myspace stuff.

What album to start with?
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Quote by BringMeTheCalm
Some unscrupulous hooligan seems to have been playing a cruel practical joke on me and put Sculptured songs in my inbox. The nerve of him.

It would seem I have fallen prey to this abhorred trickery, as well. This is an outrage!

Awesome.
hmm, if you like the myspace stuff i say get embodiement first

and don't joke, i'm tired
Last edited by dminishedthingy at Jul 2, 2008,
Quote by dminishedthingy
hmm, if you like the myspace stuff i say get embodiement first

I would strongly back this man's point.

Also I love the use of samples. I try to find out what they are from.

For example, Our Illuminated Tomb is from the 1984 movie and the quote "Why does any man destroy himself? Because he thinks he's getting married" is from Pillow talk.

Also the samples in EitPFoH are all from a short film called Camera that I got to watch in my search for answers. It was good.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia

Do you folks like folk?
i'm addicted to bodies without organs
its just got so much... personality, i dunno how to describe it
i've had it on repeat for like half an hour now
Well with the drum intro and the part where Don says "Bodys without...organs. There is nothihng... more useless... than an organ", I can see why.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia

Do you folks like folk?
actually, my favorite part is the "the heavens shine upon us" part.
i've grown quite fond of the clean vox
i also love the part where he sings "we are bodies" over the growled part
It's quite a kickass song.

I think I prefer the earlier clean singer, but the new one played drums for Symphony X at some point so that deserves some cool points.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia

Do you folks like folk?
My inbox remains empty.

Good...

Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
I appear to have tripped in your inbox accidently and lost something of importance to me.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia

Do you folks like folk?
I just sent in a review of Embodiment.

I had a really large first section then kind of fizzled out for the rest, but I think it's pretty good.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia

Do you folks like folk?
Here.

I feel like MA has no identity.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia

Do you folks like folk?
yeah, those big forums are so impersonal, i mean, i was a reg here after about a month, but it would take a long time on MA

what'd you give it?
Yeah. I posted once and couldn't find my post again there.

And 8.7.

9 for Sound
8 for Lyrics and Singing
and 9 for Impression

I'm trying to be more critical with my reviews. I mean I gave two Agalloch albums a 10.

Edit: I love how this thread has 155 posts and only 14 people have posted...
Quote by Mike Birbiglia

Do you folks like folk?
Last edited by BringMeTheCalm at Jul 3, 2008,
I'm having a lot of trouble getting into them. It seems like every time I really get into a riff something else happens and they take off in another direction.
That's the way it was for me, at first. Chances are it will grow on you, and you'll regard it as nothing short of genius; that, or you'll absolutely despise it. Hopefully it will be the former.
I've never heard anyone say negative things about this band.

Is it possible for people to despise them!?
Quote by Mike Birbiglia

Do you folks like folk?