Yep I'm actually teaching someone how to play guitar. Now all I have to do is come up with a lesson plan but I don't really know what to teach besides basic chords for now. I'm doing chords for sure because they're very important, the names of the strings, how to tune, the fretboard basics (the note names up to the 12th fret, finger placement ect), proper way to hold the guitar, how to read tabs, and how to strum and not sound bad.

Should I add anything or is that good for now. I'm open to all sugestions because I'm a teaching noob and this will be great practice for what I want to do after school (music teacher). Thanks in advance and if it helps the person I'm teaching is a total blonde so she's kinda, yeah.
Go in this order:

1. Rhythm
2. Pitch identification/Intervals
3. Introduce the circle of fifths/Major and Minor scales
4. Triads
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
This ^^^
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Get Airship to teach him, he is a true genious
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
for my first leeson, my guitar teacher asked me what bands i liked etc, then asked me if i wanted to learn some songs, or focus on thoey and stuff, i said songs, but a while ago i started learning theory

i say go with that, if you stuff thoery down their throat it may put them off learning guitar.
Quote by nath1142
remember scales and lots of theory

Oh wow. Jeez. Thanks for you help!!!!
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by griffRG7321
for my first leeson, my guitar teacher asked me what bands i liked etc, then asked me if i wanted to learn some songs, or focus on thoey and stuff, i said songs, but a while ago i started learning theory

i say go with that, if you stuff thoery down their throat it may put them off learning guitar.

well not all at once, but it is really good to learn i think i do more theory right now then palying guitars. wow that kinda bugs me now.
Quote by cam_sampbell
Get Airship to teach him, he is a true genious

haha Exactly what he said

has no signature.