Page 1 of 15
Okay I think it would rock if we could have a thead where he we could voice or controversial musical opinions. I'll start off.

Meg white is an excellant drummer, better than many crazy jazz drummers.
Americian Idiot is an amazing album and I think everyone knows it be dosn't admit it so they can look 'indie'.
Meg White...better than Jazz drummers?

Are you some kind of troll, or a stand-up comedian?

The music from RENT is better than all music not from RENT.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Quote by Acidshred
Americian Idiot is an amazing album and I think everyone knows it be dosn't admit it so they can look 'indie'.

..what?
I agree with the Meg White part, just because she doesn't play 6425627214921749221247 beats a second doesn't mean she is crap, but American Idiot isn't amazing, it's OK, but compared to their earlier albums like Kerplunk, Dookie and Insomniac it's a little rubbish
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
O.o

Lets have a sexy partay!

Quote by R_U_READY?
brutal cabbage you sire are, in all sense of the word, a LEGEND no abbreviation can portray the hilarity of what u hav bequeathed to us, i love you for this

I am loved!
Quote by Acidshred
a thead where he we could voice or controversial musical opinions.

You forgot she.
Quote by Kensai
I know a good joke:

Women's rights.
Quote by Chubbychunks
I know a good joke:

Kensai's life.
To be honest, I agree with the American Idiot album. I don't listen to it because I personally don't like it, but as far as I'm concerned: It's better than all their earlier work.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Liberation
Meg White...better than Jazz drummers?

Are you some kind of troll, or a stand-up comedian?

The music from RENT is better than all music not from RENT.

first off trev, why do you have cyndaquil as your avatar and second where did ellen page go?
Troll!! Beastmaster< Get The Troll!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Most jazz drummers, even the mediocre ones know how to keep a 4/4 rock beat. I highly doubt Meg White can keep play in a swing feel or play a samba or play a bossa nova beat or use brushes, you catch my drift.
12 fret fury
Quote by Punk Poser
Most jazz drummers, even the mediocre ones know how to keep a 4/4 rock beat. I highly doubt Meg White can keep play in a swing feel or play a samba or play a bossa nova beat or use brushes, you catch my drift.

Meg White still does what a drummer is supposed to do in the context of rock music, she accentuates the rhythms and makes them stand out more.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

American Idiot isn't **** like people say it is.

And yeah I rather enjoy Fall Out Boy.

Oh how controversial of me
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Buddy Rich:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WgeX9iYOFSQ

Tony Williams

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HxyiNopn08w

please, PLEASE
find a meg white clip or vid or SOMETHING
that beats either one
Quote by WickedBeast666
Noooooooooooo how could this be! he at all the chocolate in the box
Oh well, now the empty shell of what used to be chocolaty goodness can contain a tasty guitar circuit.

speaking of my homemade pedal
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
first off trev, why do you have cyndaquil as your avatar and second where did ellen page go?

I used this avatar over a year ago, I was asked to bring it back

I'll go back to Ellen soon

Oh yeah...controversial music opinions?

RENT > Every metal band ever.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Quote by Minkaro
I don't like Led Zeppelin.

*shock horror*

*sound of booing from the Classic Rock forum*

it's ok, neither do I.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE

So? That doesn't make them better.
Call me Batman.
I think Tommy Emmanuel is an overrated guitarist, and in terms of Australian guitarists, he doesn't hold a candle to John Williams.
Quote by P-Bass Pirate
it's ok, neither do I.

I'd like to third this notion
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by J.A.M
So? That doesn't make them better.

no, see, actually it does

lemme quote myself real quick

Quote by fosho
Buddy Rich:

Tony Williams

please, PLEASE
that beats either one
Quote by WickedBeast666
Oh well, now the empty shell of what used to be chocolaty goodness can contain a tasty guitar circuit.

Quote by fosho
Buddy Rich:

Tony Williams

please, PLEASE
that beats either one

He said "many crazy jazz drummers" not all of them. And he didn't name names. And he does have a point, there's a few jazz drummers I've seen that I don't think are as good at serving the purpose they're supposed to serve as Meg.
Quote by vintage x metal

Jimi Hendrix is a better vocalist than Robert Plant
Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH
Gold/Silver/Crystal.

Simply because I could breed the pokemon, and act out my sick sexual fantasies between Dittos and Chanseys.

Quote by bequickorbedead
She had sex..with my...AIDS?
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

i asked the same thing last night

WE WANT ELLEN!
Hank Hill is a million times more wise than Wilson from Home Improvement. I know it's not music related.. but still. It needed to be said.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
He said "many crazy jazz drummers" not all of them. And he didn't name names. And he does have a point, there's a few jazz drummers I've seen that I don't think are as good at serving the purpose they're supposed to serve as Meg.

he said better, not more beneficial to the music
not more musical
not more anything but "better"

thats where the statement is wrong
if he had said that she does more for the music than some jazz drummers do for theirs, then id agree, because in some cases its true

but to say "better" is not only wrong but juvenille and uninformed
Quote by WickedBeast666

Emo > Metal
Hip-hop > Metal...

Im making myself sick by using those ">" signs.

And knowing the Pit, this is just going to turn into a flame-fest. Beautiful.
Quote by fosho
he said better, not more beneficial to the music
not more musical
not more anything but "better"

thats where the statement is wrong
if he had said that she does more for the music than some jazz drummers do for theirs, then id agree, because in some cases its true

but to say "better" is not only wrong but juvenille and uninformed

Yes, but he didn't specify what he thinks they are better at. He didn't say, "she is better at technical abilities." He said she's better. Which means, over all he prefers her playing to a lot of jazz players drumming ability. And to be honest, I'd rather have a drummer who plays simple beats like Meg White than I'd like to have Dave Weckl in my band.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by xX*Zeppelin*Xx
Emo > Metal
Hip-hop > Metal...

Im making myself sick by using those ">" signs.

And knowing the Pit, this is just going to turn into a flame-fest. Beautiful.

not controversial, just wrong
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
Quote by LazySandman
not controversial, just wrong

You better watch it, dude. This thread could turn into a, "MCR ISN'T REAL EMO, SUNNY DAY REAL ESTATE IS!!!!" type of thread. As if we didn't know. And then I'll have to argue with those people.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Acidshred
Okay I think it would rock if we could have a thead where he we could voice or controversial musical opinions.
... and I think I smell smoke and fire.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.