how many of you are money making musicians(as in you play for a living in a band or whatever) and you also love to play video games. im asking cuz one of my friends says anyone who plays video games probably isnt good enough at an instrument to be in a band
Quote by FreakyStyley85
how many of you are money making musicians(as in you play for a living in a band or whatever) and you also love to play video games. im asking cuz one of my friends says anyone who plays video games probably isnt good enough at an instrument to be in a band

There's a guitarist from a band, can't remember which one, but they're famous anyway, and he brings his Megadrive everywhere, to gigs and such.

So.

Your friend is wrong.
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
Slash absolutely loves Guitar Hero, he bought a 360 and put it in the back of his bus just to play it.

So obviously, your friend is wrong.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by PlayMadness
Slash absolutely loves Guitar Hero, he bought a 360 and put it in the back of his bus just to play it.

So obviously, your friend is wrong.

ya but he was already amazing at guitar when he started playing guitar hero
Quote by FreakyStyley85
The best bass player I know. (And I know quite a few damned good ones.) Was a video game junkie. He would play video games at every break. So tell your friend his theory is flawed.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
i went backstage at a reel big fish concert and right after they finished playing a couple members from reel big fish went into the back room and had a couple alienware computers set up that they started playing on right away
Quote by FreakyStyley85
ya but he was already amazing at guitar when he started playing guitar hero

Guitar and Guitar Hero are two different things ffs.
john petrucci brings a saga saturn with him whenever he goes on tour
Founder of the "Foundation to replace Jacob's stolen phone foundation of America" PM me to contribute to this noble cause, no donation is too small, or large for that matter
dude your friend is wrong! he sounds like a douche aswell!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by VivaLaJam
Guitar and Guitar Hero are two different things ffs.

yeah but he was already established when he started playing them, they didn't interfere with him practicing
Quote by Surfer Rosa
yeah but he was already established when he started playing them, they didn't interfere with him practicing

exactly.
Mikael Akerfeldt plays a lot of Xbox 360. He actually put off writing Watershed until he completed Scarface.
I own an Orange Amp.
Fuck aye Dai.
dude, the keyboardist from spinal tap destroyed like seventeen or eighteen planets.

this proves beyond a doubt that your friend is a douche.
I have no opinion on this matter.
The lead singer from Cannibal Corpse is a WoW addict. Watch the videos from youtube, theyre hilarious.
There was a contest a while back to play Halo 3 with some band... might've been Megadeth.
One of the members of Cannibal Corpse plays WoW

There's an interview in which he takes roughly 8 minutes talking about his hatred of Paladins, Night Elfs, and how Blood Elfs were added to the horde

If I can find the video I'll post it.

:edit:

Here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW_Lv0r-l4c
So fell Lord Perth...

... And the countryside did shake with that thunder.
Last edited by ixKilledxKenny at Nov 23, 2008,
there's an article i remember in one of my old issues of guitar world that asked a bunch of musicians what they couldn't live without while on the road/on tour and most all of them mentioned video games (more specifically Xbox 360)
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
the singer from all that remains considers video games his favourite hobby when he isnt practising.
xxx

killing is my business... and business is good
A lot of musicians play video games, why wouldn't they?
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Your friend must think that good musicians never, ever stop practicing. NEVER. Not for 5 minutes even.
We're only strays.