I just recentley was looking at BC Rich's, and Saw the IT thing. I never knew it was so cool

A bolt on neck, but bolted to where the pickups are, so you get a very small neck joint and more sustain!

That is genious!
Now thats sick.

BC Rich +1

EDIT: but there low end guitar still suck... so BC Rich -3
Last edited by The Arch Enemy at Mar 21, 2008,
That's like, bolt-through.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Quote by Horlicks
Where are the bolts? Isn't it a set neck?

The Bolts are on the other side, so you have to remove the pickups to take off the neck.
I guess the bolts are on the inside, under the pickups.

Not a bad idea. Looks kinda cool too. I think BC rich are back from the realms of suck.

If only they'd started using proper woods and improved their existing models, rather than designing new and ugly ones
this is old though-
so all you that think bc rich is not suck because of this- and have been dissing bc for the last year an 1/2
are posers
and should burn in a metal hell where 24hrs a day, they play crappy low end bc riches though gay line6 suck amps

i've always liked bc rich
low ends arent good though
might as well get a neck thu if buying a bc rich
Quote by kai29
this is old though-
so all you that think bc rich is not suck because of this- and have been dissing bc for the last year an 1/2
are posers
and should burn in a metal hell where 24hrs a day, they play crappy low end bc riches though gay line6 suck amps

huh? English please?
Well I heard of this a long-ass time ago and I still think many BC Rich guitars suck, and the high end ones aren't worth the price. Stop building things out of Nato, for Christ's sake!
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
Quote by ManInAClownSuit
Well I heard of this a long-ass time ago and I still think many BC Rich guitars suck, and the high end ones aren't worth the price. Stop building things out of Nato, for Christ's sake!

Why? It's not a bad wood, it's just a different wood.

BCR mid range FTW.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by kai29
this is old though-
are posers

What...
Quote by kai29
this is old though-
are posers

1) You're an asshole
2) Learn english, please
3) You admit that the low-end ones aren't very good
4) BC Rich were great before the 90's came, when the demand for metal guitars fell, and the company suffered. They were reduced to making poorly built and muddy sounding guitars. It was these guitars that people on UG dislike. Recently, within the past year or two, they've started their business again, now focussing on middle-priced guitars. The construction, pickups and hardware are much better. The main problem is that they use odd woods, like Agathis and Nato extensively, while guitars in a similar price range are made of African Mahogany. If they made this upgrade and made middle-to-high end guitars out of more favourable tonewoods, they would become awesome again.
Nato is crap mahogany. It's not bad, but it's not good. I'll take real mahogany or alder any day.
haha... i`m with kai29, i just love how so many people hate on BC Rich for no reasons, the Bronze series may suck, i`ve never owned one, but it`s there LOW END guitars, and i`ve seen a HELL of alot worse... Nova guitars anyone... LOL

anyway i`ve owned BC Rich guitars for over 4 years now, my ONLY problem was when the neck warped on my KKV sig series, i adjusted the rod and problem solved. my main guitar is a Platium Pro Warlock, i have had NO problems with it, it stays in tune the paint hasn`t fallin off the neck is dead straight. i love my guitar and will probly only buy BC Rich guitars.

now for the IT neck, it`s cool but i`d just buy a neck through

and to anybody who thinks BC Rich suck go check out a ST Mockingbird... Rockfield pickups, OFR, Ebony fret board, Neck Through, MAHOGANY body, price....

$699

and those specs are right though the BC Rich line.... V`s, Warlocks ect.
Quote by mafropetee
Why? It's not a bad wood, it's just a different wood.

BCR mid range FTW.

Maybe not a bad wood but a cheap wood. It even says so on BC Rich's website, that it's the lowest quality wood their guitars are made of and they actually sound terrible acoustically, proving that the wood is cheap.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
^That makes no sense at all. My affinity strat (yes, it sucks) is low-grade alder and it sounds pretty good next to a schecter. Acoustically, BTW.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by sashki
1) You're an asshole
2) Learn english, please
3) You admit that the low-end ones aren't very good
4) BC Rich were great before the 90's came, when the demand for metal guitars fell, and the company suffered. They were reduced to making poorly built and muddy sounding guitars. It was these guitars that people on UG dislike. Recently, within the past year or two, they've started their business again, now focussing on middle-priced guitars. The construction, pickups and hardware are much better. The main problem is that they use odd woods, like Agathis and Nato extensively, while guitars in a similar price range are made of African Mahogany. If they made this upgrade and made middle-to-high end guitars out of more favourable tonewoods, they would become awesome again.

1) no I am not, but thank you for making it obvious what you are
2) I was multitasking extensively and only had about 10 seconds to type something with one hand (if it wasn't english, then how did you understand it?)
3) Duh! everyone knows that and the invisibolt is low end BTW I own a bronze series and have for the past 5 1/2 years
4) I know a lot about BC Riches and how good they are, I've always liked them even when their guitar styles went out NATO isn't that bad, It could be better for the price they charge, but they have a custom shop if you don't like the wood. They have come out with reissues of the old body types from the 80's that are awesome and now everyone loves them again (from NAMM just this last quarter). Their high end guitar have always been good, the price just increased. Most people don't like the shape of the guitars (to be honest). BC Rich has Always been awesome, the metal look hasn't in recent years. And my comment about burning in hell was sarcasm ardtard.

But thank you for your:
ignorance
arrogance
fickleness
jerkiness
That neck does look cool. I have an old (1980 something) NJ series BCR. I love that guitar.
Quote by The Arch Enemy
huh? English please?

All of you that think BC Rich is way better now (not suck) because of their invisibolt renovation and releases of new guitars, are fickle. The invisibolt is old (probably over a year).
Everyone disrespects BC Rich because of their low end guitars, most of whom have never picked up a BC Rich. Most of the people hating just don't like the look of BC Rich guitars. Everyone here has been disrespecting Rich when it's been good all along.
BC Rich has always been good.

We don't say Fender sucks because of their cruddy squires and other low end models they now own.

We don't even say suck and Gibson in the same sentence even though many epiphones aren't good. All you poser guitarists just pick up a guitar to say, "I play" and look cool, all you think "it's a les paul, it doesn't matter if it sucks"- and lets not even go into some of their lower end companies.

truth be told many middle end guitars aren't good enough for real musicians otherwise every famous band would play cheap epiphones and squires without upgrades.

all you people bypass the fact that BC Rich is BC Rich
they don't own some other crap name to another business. They make low end and high end guitars. They don't own a "squire" or "baldwin and epiphone" company

there is only BC RIch
we don't say ibanez sucks because they have cheap models that are just as bad sounding as BC Rich but they look more normal.

Everyone skips the BC Rich because the bronze series suck (truth be told, they don't like the bodies) and they go straight to epiphone les pauls/ SGs or squire strats and teles because they are famous shapes that famous musicians use. When some BC Riches are better than epiphones at the price range.

BC Rich makes guitars
The Guitarist plays them: if it doesn't sound good, it not usually the guitar 90% of the sound and tone come from the guitarist
If I take an Ibanez prestige and play a cruddy version of smoke on the water and take a BC Rich bronze and play Sweet Child o' Mine, guess what guitar becomes better. (BTW Slash plays BC Rich Guitars as well)

The bold and underline is why everyone who has been disrespecting BC Rich is a poser of a guitarist.

I am opinionated and you are all entitled to my opinions if you want
... I remember when I used to watch full house and guess what all the guitars were...
The dreaded BC Rich

all you guys say BC rich suck because of their low ends and then go to get low end guitars like squire and epiphone and anything worse than that is just sad. It's understandable that price is a factor, but to all you with like 5 epiphones and squires, there's just no reason for that.
Last edited by kai29 at Mar 22, 2008,
I am one of the biggest BC Rich fanboys on here. My feathers get ruffled when I hear people talk negatively about my favored brand.
On the BCR forum, the invisibolt construction method was discussed pretty extensively. A couple of the luthier-types had concerns about the thin juncture between the neck and body. I personally haven't played one, but I do have a few of the neck-through ones and they are superb.
"Eastern" mohogany is crap, but "African" mohogany is the tonewood of the gods? From where do you draw your logic?
Quote by Johnthewrench
I am one of the biggest BC Rich fanboys on here. My feathers get ruffled when I hear people talk negatively about my favored brand.
On the BCR forum, the invisibolt construction method was discussed pretty extensively. A couple of the luthier-types had concerns about the thin juncture between the neck and body. I personally haven't played one, but I do have a few of the neck-through ones and they are superb.
"Eastern" mohogany is crap, but "African" mohogany is the tonewood of the gods? From where do you draw your logic?

+1

I seriously want to know why Nato is crap yet THE EXACT SAME WOOD, when called, "mahogany" is just br00tal and amazzzzzing.

But seriousy people do really bash on B.C. Rich, I'm not even a fanboy (although I'm considering buying one) I hate hearing it. Why? Because half the time they haven't even played one. Or they've played a Bronze series, which are MEANT to be budget people. They're for STARTERS. Would you expect something amazing out of a guitar you paid $200-$300 bucks for brand new, and had crappy specs? No. That's why you look at the high-end and mid-range models, and you get TON'S of great features, for not a half bad price.
Someone brought up the Mockingbird ST earlier, and i have to say i was very disappointed about it. The switches and features looked real good, but the whole guitar was just low quality stuff. Electronics were low quality. The floyd rose, even though being an original, didn't feel like an original. And the neck had uneven frets so low action was out of the question. Pickups were nice, tone was great but not very satisfied for the price the guitar is sold for.

And for the person that brought up the fact that Slash uses BC riches, he uses a custom. Meaning they build it to his specs. Meaning he could probably get a custom from Dean(just any random brand) get a custom made as well that is exactly the same as his BC rich Mockingbird Sl(slash signature).

I don't think anyone has really bashed on bc riches yet in this thread, mostly everyone has stated the real and true fact, lower price range bc riches suck while getting into the higher price ranges quality drastically improves and the brand tends to use wood that most other brands don't.
i`m the one that brought up the Mockingbird, i never played it because i don`t have the $700 for it but i have played a WMD Warbeast, which basicly has the same features that the Mockingbird ST does without the 50 switches. and the WMD Warbeast was an AMAZING guitar, action was set REALLY low and played like a dream, it was $740, of course my luck not even a year after i bought my Platium Pro they drop the prices massively on BC Rich guitars while making them so much better. but i still love my Warlock even if 85% of UG doesn`t.

I`m one of the BC Rich Fanboys long b4 i even joined this forum and other then my Fender Squire which was my 1st guitar, you`ll probly never see me holding anything other then a BC Rich.

And a WMD Warbeast or Kerry King Sig, might be in my very near future.

what i would love to know though is can you order a BCR without it coming from the custom shop? i don`t have $2000 but would really like a Speed V in Blood red with the WMD`s S.O.B Head stock.
Quote by wylde_overdrive
Nato is crap mahogany. It's not bad, but it's not good. I'll take real mahogany or alder any day.

I really doubt you could tell the difference between a "real" mahogany guitar and a nato mahogany guitar in a blind test..
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by sashki
I guess the bolts are on the inside, under the pickups.

Not a bad idea. Looks kinda cool too. I think BC rich are back from the realms of suck.

If only they'd started using proper woods and improved their existing models, rather than designing new and ugly ones

Fail. They have been constantly upgrading all of them, the only new(ish) one is the Draco which came out 2 years ago. Learn what you are talking about before you open your mouth.

Quote by ManInAClownSuit

And that is even stupider. I think that a guitar made of real Mahogany with an OFR, 2 Rockfields or EMG's, Grover tuners AND a neck through for $600 is extremely good.
So could you kids look this sh*t up or something before you go making stupid allegations?