Hey everyone, here's the post of my first modification.

I have (what used to be) a squier Telecaster Black and Chrome special edition.

Here is a link to the normal one...http://www.squierguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=0321203506

Well, after about a year, i started to dislike the electronics in it, but this thing plays like no other. I used to hate how I'd strum and sometimes knock the switch around, so i reversed and corrected the electronics control plate.

Then, i decided that i needed a neck volume control, a bridge volume control, and a master volume control. so i changed out the tone control, and drilled a new hole for the new knob.

Then i decided i didn't like the bridge pickup. I cut out the body with an exacto knife to fit a humbucker, and got a good new bridge for it. i got a semour duncan SH-4 (JB Model) humbucker and put it in the bridge.

I then replaced the master volume knob with a push-pull pot, and made the humbucker splitable.

My G-String tuner then started slipping, and i replaced the tuning machines.

My electricity teacher just happened to have a Gibson Les Paul neck humbucker, and had no use for it, and gave it to me. So, i gouged out the body's neck position to fit the new humbucker, and installed it. Sounds great.

Now i took the humbucker out of a cheap no name guitar, and decided to put it in the middle, with a swiming pool gouged out via exacto knife.

SOUNDS AMAZING.

Knobs/switches are: 5-way strat switch, then tone knob, then bridge volume, then middle volume, then neck volume. Neck volume is push-pull to split bridge to single coil.

BEAUTIFUL!!
:HAHA
too nice!!!

wow, thats a prime example of taking something not so good and making it epic
Quote by WickedBeast666
Noooooooooooo how could this be! he at all the chocolate in the box
Oh well, now the empty shell of what used to be chocolaty goodness can contain a tasty guitar circuit.

speaking of my homemade pedal
Sweet man! i like it very much.
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
Ooo, nice. I'm thinking of doing something similar with my strat
I have too much gear to fit!
very nice. I would put a cover on the bridge p-up. with that, it would kinda look like a John 5 tele. Altho i myself think that 4 controls set up like that looks a bit cumbersome. Maybe its just the knobs tho.
love what you did with the control plate.
Quote by Roc8995
Changing strings on a bigsby is alarmingly similar to flossing the teeth of a pissed-off sabertooth tiger while blindfolded.
damn, i want one of those...
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
making a windows machine look like a mac is like putting lipstick on a pig.

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
I was expecting something beautifully done but I can't say I like that TBH.. You maimed a perfectly good guitar! You could've at least done everything neatly and properly.

Those knobs look impossible to use. I do want a H-H-H Tele though so good taste there kinda.

How well did the HB Tele bridge fit, did you have to fill and drill new holes or did it line up with the old ones?
That is actually really nice. I love three humbucker guitars, everyone says it's overkill, i think it's Rock n roll.
Quote by jimRH7
That is actually really nice. I love three humbucker guitars, everyone says it's overkill, i think it's Rock n roll.

I concur! LOL

Especially if you just happen to have an extra humbucker lying around...

Quote by sashki
That looks FUCKING METAL

It sounds quite metal, also.

Quote by TheDev01dOne
I was expecting something beautifully done but I can't say I like that TBH.. You maimed a perfectly good guitar! You could've at least done everything neatly and properly.

Trust me, i wanted to do it cleanly, also, but, i have no tools to do that properly, and zero budget. i believe the hole i cut with an exacto knife is well enough, seeing as it's covered by the pickguard.

Quote by TheDev01dOne
How well did the HB Tele bridge fit, did you have to fill and drill new holes or did it line up with the old ones?

The bridge i bought off of eBay. it's holes where all 4.5mm further away from the center of the piece. i drilled new holes, and the plate covered the old ones. i had to cut the pickgaurd to fit the new bridge, also. You can see the old holes in the last photo. they are to the rear of where the bridge would be.
That's amazing...must sound great. I like the chrome as well...very stylish
Gear:
Cort AD-850 NS
MIM Strat
Cube 30x
Quote by Rob Busch
That's amazing...must sound great. I like the chrome as well...very stylish

Thanks!

I need to record with it sometime.

And, black and chrome. I love it.
I would change the knobs, they just don't suit the guitar very well. Something a bit smaller would be nice. (and metal?)

To whomever is complaining about the woodwork... who cares? The pickguard hides it. I didn't post pics of the woodwork I did on my Squier to put a humbucker in the neck because I knew it would make people cringe. Fact is, when its all buttoned up, it looks perfect.
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music
wow i like the way the knobs are on there
good job
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!
would love to have it
great job dude.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Normally, i'd say shame on you for destroying a tele, but a H-H-H tele, who could say no?

Good job!
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
very nice, very John5.

also, I might suggest for the knobs you get silver ones?